Braze (formerly Appboy) is a customer engagement platform that delivers messaging experiences across push, email, apps, and more. Braze is built specifically for today’s mobile-first world and tomorrow’s ambient computing future. Braze is set apart as the platform that allows for real-time and continuous data streaming, replacing decades-old databases that aren’t built for today’s on-demand, always-connected customer. With data, technology, and teams working together in unison, the Braze platform makes marketing more authentic, brands more human, and customers more satisfied with every experience.
Each month, tens of billions of messages associated with over 1.5 billion active users are managed through our technology. Braze is a venture-backed company with hundreds of employees in offices located in New York City, San Francisco, London, and Singapore. Most recently, we’ve been named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Mobile Engagement Automation, Q3 2017 evaluation. We’ve been recognized by Forbes Cloud 100 at #85, ranked #225 on Inc.'s 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies, named a “Top 10 Upstart” by Business Insider, in addition to being #21 in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 List. Learn more at Braze.com.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
More than 600 global customers trust Braze to securely handle data on more than 1.5 billion monthly active users. We’re looking for a Director of IT and Security to be responsible for IT operations and security initiatives at Braze. Examples include the development and rollout of information security policies while ensuring Braze’s compliance with standards such as ISO 27001 and SOC 2. In tandem, you will run the Braze IT organization that provides technical assistance to our employees in our OSX environment, provisions services such as VPN and manages mobile devices, VOIP systems, office networks, printers, and physical security systems such as ID badges and security cameras.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Design and enforce pragmatic and consistent Information Security policies
- Define and mature an IT organizational structure for scale that is cost efficient while delivering a high quality of technical support to Braze employees
- Hire, develop and manage a global team of IT technical support specialists, security managers and engineers
- Develop OKRs, manage performance, and establish career path opportunities across a globally distributed team
- Shape Braze’s incident response, disaster recovery and business continuity processes
- Manage Braze’s annual third-party penetration tests, SOC 2 and ISO 27001 audits
- Partner with Braze’s engineering, legal and sales teams to drive compliance efforts in the organization
- Manage company-wide IT solutions such as JAMF, Google MDM, OpenVPN, Okta and Active Directory
WHO YOU ARE
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in a technical field such as computer science or information systems
- A minimum of 5 years experience managing an IT or security team
- Experience building a Global IT Help Desk for employee support using a combination of internal and external resources
- Ability to hire and mentor technical team members in both security and IT
- Excellent interpersonal skills and empathy for customers
- Familiarity with security and data privacy related topics such as GDPR, CCPA or HIPAA
WHAT WE OFFER
Complete tech startup vibe including free daily lunches & snacks, group events and top of the line computer setup! A general feeling throughout the office that what you do matters everyday.
Collaboration! Complete support of your teammates across all departments and a real “get it done” attitude for our customers.
- Excellent medical insurance and life assurance coverage for you and your dependents
- Matching 401K
- Daily catered lunches, snacks and beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial and fun loving office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life in the way that suits you best
In addition, this position is exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.