Braze (formerly Appboy) is a customer engagement platform that delivers messaging experiences across push, email, apps, and more. Braze is built specifically for today’s mobile-first world and tomorrow’s ambient computing future. Braze is set apart as the platform that allows for real-time and continuous data streaming, replacing decades-old databases that aren’t built for today’s on-demand, always-connected customer. With data, technology, and teams working together in unison, the Braze platform makes marketing more authentic, brands more human, and customers more satisfied with every experience.
Each month, tens of billions of messages associated with over 1.5 billion active users are managed through our technology. Braze is a venture-backed company with hundreds of employees in offices located in New York City, San Francisco, London, and Singapore. Most recently, we’ve been named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Mobile Engagement Automation, Q3 2017 evaluation. We’ve been recognized by Forbes Cloud 100 at #85, ranked #225 on Inc.'s 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies, named a “Top 10 Upstart” by Business Insider, in addition to being #21 in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 List. Learn more at Braze.com.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Braze is seeking a Senior Data Scientist to join our Intelligence team. The Braze Intelligence team’s mission is to automate and optimize our customers’ growth and retention programs through ML-assisted decision-making, and prediction. You will help discover the scope of what is possible with machine learning and AI in our mission to improve customer engagement at scale. From that space of possibilities, you will also help select and support specific solutions as they go from prototype to product.
As a Senior Data Scientist - Machine Learning, you will:
- Reporting to Engineering manager, you’ll collaborate with Product Managers and Engineers to build innovative ways to leverage data and automate decision-making for our customers.
- Explore and analyze the billions of daily data points that Braze’s customers generate in search of predictive, valuable, actionable signals.
- Build, analyze, and iterate on models that are best suited for the job, whether that’s supervised or unsupervised learning, neural networks, or simple regressions
WHO YOU ARE
- PhD in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or similar computational field
- Extensive experience prototyping, refining and deploying predictive models and machine learning & AI, neural networks
- Experience with frameworks such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, or similar
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Proficiency with relational and document-based databases
- 4+ years working with cloud or distributed systems
- Publication record in machine learning, artificial intelligence, or similar algorithmic fields
- Familiarity with document-based databases
WHAT WE OFFER
Tech startup vibe including free daily lunches, snacks, and group events. Inclusive and diverse culture. Complete support from your teammates across all departments and a real “get it done” attitude for our customers. An opportunity to join a market leading company and have an impact.
- Excellent medical insurance and life insurance coverage for you and your dependents
- Matching 401K
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Daily lunches, snacks, and beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial, and fun loving office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life in the way that suits you best
In addition, this position is exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.