WHO WE ARE
Braze (formerly Appboy) is a customer engagement platform that delivers messaging experiences across push, email, apps, and more. Braze is built specifically for today’s mobile-first world and tomorrow’s ambient computing future. Braze is set apart as the platform that allows for real-time and continuous data streaming, replacing decades-old databases that aren’t built for today’s on-demand, always-connected customer. With data, technology, and teams working together in unison, the Braze platform makes marketing more authentic, brands more human, and customers more satisfied with every experience.
Each month, tens of billions of messages associated with over 1.5 billion active users are managed through our technology. Braze is a venture-backed company with hundreds of employees in offices located in New York City, San Francisco, London, and Singapore. Most recently, we’ve been named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Mobile Engagement Automation, Q3 2017 evaluation. We’ve been recognized by Forbes Cloud 100 at #85, ranked #225 on Inc.'s 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies, named a “Top 10 Upstart” by Business Insider, in addition to being #21 in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 List. Learn more at Braze.com.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We’re on the hunt for a seasoned player to head the Braze Insights & Communications team in the NYC office to help push Braze content marketing and PR to the next level. You and your team will have a measurable and growing impact on company owned/earned impressions and overall OKRs.
WHO YOU ARE
You’re a positive, sleeves-rolled-up leader and practitioner who thrives on navigating the shifting priorities of a rapidly evolving tech space. You pride yourself on being a nimble strategist and an articulate communicator (written and verbal, internal and external), and relish change as an opportunity to blaze new trails.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As IC lead, you will collaborate with the marketing brand team to distinguish Braze from competitors, elevating the company’s reputation as a go-to source of thought leadership in the greater marketing industry. You’ll partner with the company’s leadership team to position Braze for its next decade of success and growth.
- Motivate, mentor, and grow a team of creative, innovative communicators
- Analyze Insights & Comms initiatives for performance against department OKRs
- Use data-backed rationales to optimize content initiatives over time
- Monitor competitors, customers, and marketing industry at large for trends and insights to drive innovation and ever-rising standards of executional excellence
- Collaborate productively on effective, efficient programs with other Braze teams within marketing (Lifecycle, Operations, Creative Studio, Regional, Experiences) and outside of marketing (Leadership, Sales, Business Development, Customer Success, Business Insights, Product, Enablement, People)
- Encourage and contribute to a growing roster of influential and subject-matter expert contributors to Braze content
- Proven track record of building and motivating effective teams and fostering individuals’ career development
- Experience leading successful content marketing initiatives, including all formats (long- and short-form text, data visualization/infographics, audio, video)
- Experience or comfort with oversight of PR practice, including external agencies
- Exceptional communication skills (editing experience preferred)
- Facility with data, both as basis of content creation and for analysis of program results
- Active interest in and curiosity about the evolving MarTech industry
- Previous experience in B2B tech a plus
- 9+ years experience
WHAT WE OFFER
Our aim is to foster a culture of inclusion where all individuals feel respected, are treated fairly, can achieve work-life harmony, and have an opportunity to excel in their careers.
- Excellent medical insurance and life insurance coverage for you and your dependents
- Matching 401(k)
- Daily catered lunches, snacks, and beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance work and life in the way that suits you best
This position is exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.