Braze (formerly Appboy) is a customer engagement platform that delivers messaging experiences across push, email, apps, and more. Braze is built specifically for today’s mobile-first world and tomorrow’s ambient computing future. Braze is set apart as the platform that allows for real-time and continuous data streaming, replacing decades-old databases that aren’t built for today’s on-demand, always-connected customer. With data, technology, and teams working together in unison, the Braze platform makes marketing more authentic, brands more human, and customers more satisfied with every experience.
Each month, tens of billions of messages associated with over 1.5 billion active users are managed through our technology. Braze is a venture-backed company with hundreds of employees in offices located in New York City, San Francisco, London, and Singapore. Most recently, we’ve been named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Mobile Engagement Automation, Q3 2017 evaluation. We’ve been recognized by Forbes Cloud 100 at #85, ranked #225 on Inc.'s 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies, named a “Top 10 Upstart” by Business Insider, in addition to being #21 in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 List. Learn more at Braze.com.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
We're looking for an engineering manager for our Messaging & Automation team. The M&A team builds core orchestration, segmentation, and messaging functionality that supports billions of messages per day.
You will help us architect, build and optimize critical components on both front-end and backend systems, building and optimizing for massive scale. You will both manage the team and lead software development, via: strategic coding, design doc review, pull request review, architecture design, growing engineers, setting vision and goals, process and protocol, and hiring.
WHO YOU ARE
- 6+ years of relevant experience with a strong track record of success
- Professional experience with one or more modular web-app technologies, such as KnockoutJS, React, Vue, Angular; and languages, such as ES6, TypeScript, and Coffeescript
- Professional experience with one or more of the following backend technologies: Ruby, Java, Go, MongoDB, Ruby on Rails, microservice architecture, distributed systems, Redis
- Excellent communication skills and a user-centric attitude
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience with agile processes
- Experience in one of the following: databases at scale, front-end architecture, service architectures, AI/ML, email infrastructure, columnar data stores
WHAT WE OFFER
Tech startup vibe including free daily lunches, snacks, and group events. Inclusive and diverse culture. Complete support from your teammates across all departments and a real “get it done” attitude for our customers. An opportunity to join a market-leading company and have an impact.
- Excellent medical insurance and life insurance coverage for you and your dependents
- 401K matching
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Daily lunches, snacks, and beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial, and fun-loving office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life in the way that suits you best
In addition, this position is exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.