Braze (formerly Appboy) is a customer engagement platform that delivers messaging experiences across push, email, apps, and more. Braze is built specifically for today’s mobile-first world and tomorrow’s ambient computing future. Braze is set apart as the platform that allows for real-time and continuous data streaming, replacing decades-old databases that aren’t built for today’s on-demand, always-connected customer. With data, technology, and teams working together in unison, the Braze platform makes marketing more authentic, brands more human, and customers more satisfied with every experience.
Each month, tens of billions of messages associated with over 1.5 billion active users are managed through our technology. Braze is a venture-backed company with hundreds of employees in offices located in New York City, San Francisco, London, and Singapore. Most recently, we’ve been named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Mobile Engagement Automation, Q3 2017 evaluation. We’ve been recognized by Forbes Cloud 100 at #85, ranked #225 on Inc.'s 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies, named a “Top 10 Upstart” by Business Insider, in addition to being #21 in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 List. Learn more at Braze.com.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
The Business Development Representative (BDR) will generate new business opportunities ("Pipeline") by following proven processes to prospect into Enterprise accounts. You’ll learn how to identify and research lists of companies and leads to target, and how to develop email and telephone campaigns to generate new business opportunities.
The BDR will conduct high-level conversations with senior executives about their business and marketing issues and operations ("Qualification"). The successful candidate will be a strongly self-motivated and driven individual who is goal-oriented, methodical and tenacious, and can effectively interact with a team.
This position has advancement potential within the Sales organization, and the compensation package includes an uncapped commission structure.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Learn and execute proven processes to generate new sales opportunities
- Strategize with top-producing account executives
- Engage executives in targeted prospect accounts
- Orchestrate discussions with senior execs around their business needs
- Manage and maintain a pipeline of interested prospects
- Leverage CRM tools to prospect into specific geographic territories and verticals
WHO YOU ARE
- Recent College Graduate or BDR at another tech company
- Speaks eloquently
- Positive "can-do" attitude, no entitlement psychology tolerated
- Desire to hustle and prove oneself
- Some experience (Summer job, internship) hustling - knocking on doors, making dials, etc.
- Experience using some sort of CRM system in the past (Salesforce.com ideal!)
- Passion for Mobile Industry and IoT (apps, wearables, etc.)
- Bonus Points:
- Some technical experience in background (built an app, website, took coding courses, etc.)
- Played team sports competitively in past
- Experience in the MarTech/AdTech space
WHAT WE OFFER
- Excellent private medical insurance and life insurance coverage for you and your dependents
- Competitive pension matching
- Daily lunches, snacks and beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial and fun loving office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life in the way that suits you best