Braze (formerly Appboy) is a customer engagement platform that delivers messaging experiences across push, email, apps, and more. Braze is built specifically for today’s mobile-first world and tomorrow’s ambient computing future. Braze is set apart as the platform that allows for real-time and continuous data streaming, replacing decades-old databases that aren’t built for today’s on-demand, always-connected customer. With data, technology, and teams working together in unison, the Braze platform makes marketing more authentic, brands more human, and customers more satisfied with every experience.
Each month, tens of billions of messages associated with over 1.5 billion active users are managed through our technology. Braze is a venture-backed company with hundreds of employees in offices located in New York City, San Francisco, London, and Singapore. Most recently, we’ve been named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Mobile Engagement Automation, Q3 2017 evaluation. We’ve been recognized by Forbes Cloud 100 at #85, ranked #225 on Inc.'s 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies, named a “Top 10 Upstart” by Business Insider, in addition to being #21 in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 List. Learn more at Braze.com.
Our products rely on sophisticated real time and batch processing of massive amounts of data, and instrumenting that data to provide analytics, automated decision making, and an industry leading customer engagement tool.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
Braze is looking for an experienced technology leader to build out a strong engineering organization and culture, growing the team from 35 to 100+ people. This person should have significant experience in large-scale systems engineering, as Braze’s software processes more than 500 million data insights each hour and on average delivers more than one million emails, push notifications, and in-app messages every minute of the day. Top brands such as Microsoft, Sephora, Lyft, and Disney rely on Braze’s technology to create brilliant messaging experiences for their consumers. Candidates should have a successful track record of building products that deliver business value to large organizations, as well as growing and nurturing engineering teams.
The SVP of Engineering’s primary responsibility is to grow the engineering team and lead the department to efficiently build and deliver technology products that serve Braze’s customers on time and with quality. This leader will inspire the engineering organization to operational excellence by balancing a strategic vision with an understanding and appreciation of the technical details of project execution.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Define and grow Braze’s engineering organization past 100+ people and work with existing leadership to hire team members based on product needs.
- Define objectives and metrics for increasing product resiliency and building an enterprise-class software development process. Measure and report on progress to the company and leadership.
- Collaborate with the CTO on Braze’s technical strategy for the company on a 2-5+ year timeline.
- Improve efficiency in Braze’s product development process and ensure engineering teams are optimally effective and productive.
- Inspire and motivate engineering by building a culture that represents our values.
- Engage with and be an executive presence for Braze’s customers.
WHAT YOU HAVE
- 10 or more years of experience as an effective manager of multiple teams in an engineering organization larger than 35 people.
- Experience hiring and mentoring senior technical team members.
- Ability to motivate and inspire engineers
- Excellent interpersonal skills and empathy for customers
- Distributed systems knowledge at large scale, track record of building a multi-year technology strategy.
- Ideally, experience managing an engineering organization pre and post IPO, or successfully leading an engineering organization at a public or comparable company
WHAT WE OFFER
Tech startup vibe including free daily lunches, snacks, and group events. Inclusive and diverse culture. Complete support from your teammates across all departments and a real “get it done” attitude for our customers. An opportunity to join a market leading company and have an impact.
- Excellent medical insurance and life assurance coverage for you and your dependents
- Matching 401K
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Daily lunches, snacks, and beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial, and fun loving office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life in the way that suits you best
In addition, this position is exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.