Braze (formerly Appboy) is a customer engagement platform that delivers messaging experiences across push, email, apps, and more. Braze is built specifically for today’s mobile-first world and tomorrow’s ambient computing future. Braze is set apart as the platform that allows for real-time and continuous data streaming, replacing decades-old databases that aren’t built for today’s on-demand, always-connected customer. With data, technology, and teams working together in unison, the Braze platform makes marketing more authentic, brands more human, and customers more satisfied with every experience.
Each month, tens of billions of messages associated with over 1.5 billion active users are managed through our technology. Braze is a venture-backed company with hundreds of employees in offices located in New York City, San Francisco, London, and Singapore. We’ve been named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Mobile Engagement Automation Q3 2017 evaluation, recognized by Forbes Cloud 100 at #85, ranked #225 on Inc.'s 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies, and listed as #21 in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 List. Learn more at Braze.com.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
Braze is looking for a Marketing Manager to align with regional go-to-market teams on driving pipeline to hit quarterly and annual targets. This role will develop marketing programs for the West go-to-market teams through a portfolio of strategic programs that include creating market development plans, prospecting campaigns, high touch deliverables, and events. If you have a passion for connecting people and creativity, we’d love to have you join our growing marketing team. You'll develop and establish what it means to be part of the "Braze Experience" beyond the actual product experience. You will collaborate across the entire marketing team to build out brilliant experiences across both physical and digital properties for our prospects and customers.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Our West coast Marketing Manager will work cross-functionally to develop marketing programs and processes that they will deploy as part of their market-centric strategy. The Regional Marketing Manager reports into the Senior Manager, Regional Marketing, and works specifically with the West region to support its local teams in developing and executing on marketing strategies.
The role is part liaison, part advocate, and part strategic consultant. It requires a strong and differentiated marketing background, experience working in a matrixed environment, utmost organization of priorities, and the ability to empathize with and advocate for our remote teams on the West coast. You’ll be the glue that connects local marketing campaigns to HQ marketing campaigns and vice versa. To do that, you’ll need to build strong relationships with the West coast teams and even stronger relationships with your cross-functional partners at HQ within Marketing.
- Demonstrate a broad understanding of the organization's products, key business drivers, users, and market position. Proactively gather information from various sources to fully understand a local market’s situation or challenge
- Collaborate with marketing operations, lifecycle marketing, brand, content, and product marketing to achieve West region sales targets in line with masterbrand and execute quality experiences
- ·Build and execute quarterly Marketing plans that integrate regional Sales and Marketing requirements with Corporate Marketing initiatives – including workshops/seminars, webinars, roadshows, custom 1:1 programs. paid media campaigns, integrated online campaigns, etc.
- Lead, attend, and participate in events including, but not limited to, regional dinners, entertainment, sponsorships, owned events, and other networking opportunities.
- Sell-in, recommend, and assist HQ or brand-led strategies to integrate into West regional marketing plans with Senior Manager, Regional Marketing and West Region team leads
- Share back all learnings with other regional marketing managers and senior regional manager, looking to uncover opportunities to scale programs, improve processes, or create other efficiencies
- Support the West Sales and Success teams, coordinating a regular cadence of meetings with them to review overall strategy, campaigns, and ongoing campaign results and optimizations
- Contribute to the systems by which we can quantify and justify local marketing expenditures as well as help·forecast, measure and analyze impact of West programs on sales cycles
- Travel into various markets and interface directly with customers, prospects, and partners to support lead generation and pipeline development efforts.
WHO YOU ARE
- 7-10 years experience in the areas of marketing
- High aptitude for looking at problems as opportunities, then working with others to create unique solutions to solve them
- Experience with pipeline generation strategy and implementation
- Experience as a digital marketing manager and/or events lead
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills to work with and maintain long-term relationships with customers, prospects, and influencers
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to juggle multiple, demanding tasks simultaneously and with accuracy
- Ability to collaborate with other internal departments to create a positive company-wide team effort for regional marketing programs
- Familiarity with tech and marketing communities; familiarity with SaaS business communities a plus
- International and Domestic travel, when required
- Bachelor degree required
- Experience with inside sales is a plus
- Experience working with SEM/SEO, media planning, LinkedIn marketing, programmatic advertising, social media marketing, direct mail, and/or OOH and experiential marketing is a plus
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- 401(k) matching, life insurance, commuter benefits, and parental leave plans
- Daily catered lunches and fully stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial and fun loving office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life in the way that suits you best
In addition, this position is exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.