Braze is a customer engagement platform that delivers messaging experiences across push, email, apps, and more. Braze is built specifically for today’s mobile-first world and tomorrow’s ambient computing future. Braze is set apart as the platform that allows for real-time and continuous data streaming, replacing decades-old databases that aren’t built for today’s on-demand, always-connected customer. With data, technology, and teams working together in unison, the Braze platform makes marketing more authentic, brands more human, and customers more satisfied with every experience.
Each month, tens of billions of messages associated with over 1.5 billion active users are managed through our technology. Braze is a venture-backed company with hundreds of employees in offices located in New York City, San Francisco, London, and Singapore. We’ve been recognized by Forbes Cloud 100 at #85, ranked #225 on Inc.'s 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies, and listed as #21 in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 List, and recognized by The New York Times as ‘The Next Wave of ‘Unicorn’ Start-Ups’. Learn more at Braze.com.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Braze is at an inflection point in our maturity, where the focus of our engineering work is on Scalability, Observability, and Reusability. The mission of the SRE team is to increase confidence in changes to the Braze production environment with a focus on performance and uptime for each service at Braze.
The Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team at Braze is the team that provides the guidance, expertise, mentorship, and education to the entire Engineering organization on how to build, test, monitor and deploy massively scalable applications. The SRE team is the center of excellence for modern engineering operational best practices such as incident management, postmortems, technical debt management, and the culture champions for the development of clean, reusable, and scalable code. SREs are aligned with product engineering teams, know how the services their teams are responsible for function and can work directly in the codebase.
To be successful on this team, you will need to be able to seamlessly go between system administration to writing the code that impacts the Braze’s Customers, with the goal of providing reliability and uptime at a massive scale.
The primary responsibilities of an SRE are to:
- Define and enable standards for monitoring, reliability, and performance
- Evolve services and educate engineers to create a culture of reliability and velocity
- Support and improve services by planning for scale and reliability
- Solve live performance and reliability issues and prevent their recurrence
- Scale services sustainably through the development of internal tools and automation
- Pair with other engineers to plan for future capacity and infrastructure needs
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems
WHO YOU ARE
- Motivated, proactive achiever, who believes in our FERRIC values.
- Comfortable working in a highly collaborative environment
- Experience working in an SRE or DevOps Culture
- Interest in designing, optimizing and troubleshooting large-scale services
- Conviction and curiosity empowering a knack for troubleshooting hard problems
- Experience implementing and overseeing observability
- Experience using automation to make services more sustainable
- Experience in developing, debugging and optimizing code
- (We are a Ruby/Java shop but are language agnostic!)
WHAT WE OFFER
Tech startup vibe including free daily lunches, snacks, and group events. Inclusive and diverse culture. Complete support from your teammates across all departments and a real “get it done” attitude for our customers. An opportunity to have an impact at a market leading company.
- Excellent medical insurance and life insurance coverage for you and your dependents
- Matching 401K
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Daily lunches, snacks, and beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial, and fun loving office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life in the way that suits you best
In addition, this position is exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.