Bravely is a new kind of employee benefit in support of workplace health, connecting employees with professional coaches for confidential conversations about whatever they’re facing at work. We’re looking for a thoughtful and energetic product manager to join us as we build a human-centric and behavioral-driven platform that helps people find meaning in their professional lives.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing our product roadmap on a day-to-day basis: helping drive the development of new features and internal tools to support employee engagement and revenue growth. You will become an expert on the Bravely user: understanding the circumstances that drive them to book sessions with our Pros and the behavior change that these conversations make possible. You will work cross-functionally with design, engineering, operations, and marketing, making sure that stakeholder needs are reflected in the product we build.
Studies show that 70% of employees are avoiding a conversation with their managers, colleagues, or direct reports. At Bravely, we call this the Conversation Gap—and we’re on a mission to close it. (We recently published a study about this here.)
Using our platform, employees can connect with a professional coach (we call them “Pros”) to talk about whatever’s on their mind—whether they’re stressed about an upcoming performance review, dealing with unfair treatment, or just feeling stuck and unsure about how to advance in their role. The result? They feel comfortable and confident approaching things they may have been avoiding, and are happier and more productive in turn.
We’re a fast-growing, venture-backed startup dedicated to building products that shape the future of work.
As a team, we practice what we preach: we encourage every member on our team to communicate openly and honestly, and we’re obsessed with cultivating an environment in which people feel comfortable bringing their full selves to the office every day. (In fact, every Bravely employee has access to their own Pro, who they can speak with any time they want to talk about their career.)
We also love dogs and cold brew, and you can find both in our Flatiron workspace every day.
- You’re an executor and love to get stuff done! You’re obsessed with timelines, roadmapping, optimizing, and launching on time.
- You’re a problem solver. You love solving user’s pain points with cross-platform solutions. You enjoy the scientific method, hypotheses testing, and low fidelity prototyping.
- You marry data with intuition. You are a creative thinker who likes to evaluate a problem from different disciplines and angles. You proactively gather qualitative and quantitative data to drive decision-making.
You are an emphatic leader. You love to galvanize a team and drive consensus. People look to you for product authority.
- 3+ years of product management experience (plus for mobile and B2B products))
- Ability to understand the needs and pain points of our users and translate them into user stories and eventual product solutions
- Experience designing, conducting, and analyzing user research and developing testing frameworks
- Excellent writing skills that you will use to develop product specs that convey goals, user journeys, metrics, and features to the design and engineering team
- You are data-driven and enjoy diving into dashboards and querying in SQL
- You can translate and distill complex concepts into easy-to-understand terms for both technical and non-technical members
- You are self-driven, accountable, and execution-oriented
- You are empathetic, kind, and emotionally intelligent to the people around you and the users you serve
- You’re comfortable prioritizing product features and maintaining a backlog.
- You are nimble and adept at changing priorities to the evolving business landscape.