Bravely is a new kind of benefit in support of workplace health, connecting employees with professional coaches for confidential conversations about whatever they're facing at work.
We're looking for a copywriter and content strategist to join Bravely’s brand team and help develop our editorial presence. Our ideal candidate is an expert at crafting compelling content (long and short form) plus marketing and product copy, and is excited about the opportunity to craft the tone of voice and content strategy for a fast-growing startup.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for creating content and campaigns for both our buyer and user audiences, and supporting stakeholders’ creative needs across departments ranging from product to marketing to client success.
Studies show that 70% of employees are avoiding a conversation with their managers, colleagues, or direct reports. At Bravely, we call this the Conversation Gap—and we’re on a mission to close it. (We recently published a study about this here.)
Using our platform, employees can connect with a professional coach (we call them “Pros”) to talk about whatever’s on their mind—whether they’re stressed about an upcoming performance review, dealing with unfair treatment, or just feeling stuck and unsure about how to advance in their role. The result? They feel comfortable and confident approaching things they may have been avoiding, and are happier and more productive in turn.
We’re a fast-growing, venture-backed startup dedicated to building products that shape the future of work.
As a team, we practice what we preach: we encourage every member on our team to communicate openly and honestly, and we’re obsessed with cultivating an environment in which people feel comfortable bringing their full selves to the office every day. (In fact, every Bravely employee has access to their own Pro, who they can speak with any time they want to talk about their career.)
We also love dogs and cold brew, and you can find both in our Flatiron workspace every day.
- Write copy for emails, blog posts, paid advertising, social posts, and product screens, often in close collaboration with a visual and product designer.
- Develop content for white papers, thought leadership articles, and press and partnership pitches.
- Work closely with a visual and product designer
- Partner with our B2B and employee marketing teams to consistently iterate and optimize creative campaigns in support of business goals.
- Assign regular pieces to a team of freelancers and top-edit their work for tone and style.
- Create copy and content for our employee app, working closely with our product team to support the development of new features and A/B testing.
- Assist in the development of pitch decks, sales decks, and investor materials.
- You’re a storyteller. Whether you’re writing articles or manifestos, you love crafting narratives that resonate with readers.
- You’re campaign-minded. When you create content, you think about how it will extend across channels.
- You’re strategic. You know how to take a brief and turn it into something that helps achieve business goals. You’re not afraid of making creative decisions informed and inspired by data.
You understand your audience. In this role, you’ll be speaking to two different audiences (employees and buyers), and will need to be able to seamlessly switch back and forth.
You write good subject lines. Lots of them.
- 3-5 years of experience as a copywriter, editorial writer, or content strategist at an agency or brand.
- Proven track record of developing content strategies that supported business goals.
- Sharp attention to detail, especially when copy-editing and proofreading.
- Ability to juggle inputs from various stakeholders while always upholding the Bravely brand.
- Must love dogs