Bravely is hiring fullstack engineers to join our growing team! We're a fast-growing, early-stage startup creating elegant experiences leveraging modern technologies and techniques to promote workplace health.
At Bravely, we consider a potential technical solution to every problem. This may mean writing one-off scripts to scrape sales leads, spinning up new sites for timely marketing campaigns, or realizing a manual solution is better than a technical one. Our team focuses on developer happiness and craft without taking ourselves too seriously.
We’re an early stage startup and to us, that means our short-term goal is to find fit, find growth, and leverage technology to stay lean and build solutions quickly. Our long-term goal is to solve intractable problems with a combination of humans and machines and share those solutions with everyone.
Studies show that 70% of employees are avoiding a conversation with their managers, colleagues, or direct reports. At Bravely, we call this the Conversation Gap—and we’re on a mission to close it. (We recently published a study about this here.)
Using our platform, employees can connect with a professional coach (we call them “Pros”) to talk about whatever’s on their mind—whether they’re stressed about an upcoming performance review, dealing with unfair treatment, or just feeling stuck and unsure about how to advance in their role. The result? They feel comfortable and confident approaching things they may have been avoiding, and are happier and more productive in turn.
We’re a fast-growing, venture-backed startup dedicated to building products that shape the future of work.
As a team, we practice what we preach: we encourage every member on our team to communicate openly and honestly, and we’re obsessed with cultivating an environment in which people feel comfortable bringing their full selves to the office every day. (In fact, every Bravely employee has access to their own Pro, who they can speak with any time they want to talk about their career.)
We also love dogs and cold brew, and you can find both in our Flatiron workspace every day.
• Work closely with designers and product managers to implement user interfaces for responsive web apps.
• Responsible for architecture, development and scaling of the backend systems that power Bravely.
• Help define workflows and processes to ensure consistent code management, deployment and performance.
• Build out core new platform functionality to support our growing client bases
• Maintain and own 4 web apps handling each aspect of the multi-sided platform
• Take on ad hoc projects with a variety of technologies that support all areas of the business
• 3+ years experience building web apps
• Prior knowledge and experience with multi-sided platforms
• Experience working in an early stage startup
• Strong industry experience in architecture and development of scalable production-quality frontend and backend systems.
• Ability to quickly write reliable, clean and testable code
• Eagerness to learn and explore new technologies
• Ruby or other functional languages
• Any Relational Database, Postgres preferred
• Willingness to learn new technologies
• Driven – You set goals and thrive on meeting and exceeding expectations. You love to challenge yourself to be better.
• Emotionally Intelligent – You’re aware when something is bothering you and know how to speak up about it in a calm and collected way.
• Generalist – You have interest and knowledge in a broad array of topics.
• Maker – You’ve been working on side projects and fleshing out interesting ideas for a long time. You love running experiments regardless of whether they succeed or fail.