Senior Mobile Product Designer
Brave is on a mission to protect the human right to privacy online. We’ve built a free web browser that blocks creepy ads and trackers by default, a private search engine with a truly independent index, a browser-native crypto wallet, and a private ad network (opt-in!) that directly rewards you for your attention. And we’re just getting started. Already, 50 million people have switched to Brave for a faster, more private web. Millions more switch every month.
The internet is a sea of ads, hackers, and echo chambers. Big Tech makes huge profits off our data, and tells us what’s true and what’s not. Brave is fighting back. Join us!
As a Senior Mobile Product Designer at Brave, you will be responsible for designing the behavior (interaction design) and visual UI of a range of Brave’s mobile products, and refining the usability and design of existing mobile features. You will participate in gathering deep insight into user behaviors and user needs through user research, as well as identifying and communicating opportunities for innovation and differentiation.
- Define, test, and iterate on the interaction design of new and existing mobile features
- Create user-flows, detailed product wireframes, prototypes & beautiful visual UI that adheres to our design system
- Ensure all aspects of our mobile products are easy to use and delightful
- Participate in user research to guide product design decisions (contextual inquiry, usability testing, competitive analysis, etc.)
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of product managers, designers, and developers
We are looking for someone who is both strategic and execution-based and whose passion is to create a mobile experience that people love to use.
- Has at least 3 years of product-based UX design experience focused primarily on mobile app design
- Has a track record of designing successful and delightful mobile applications
- Has a deep understanding of mobile design patterns and best practices for both iOS and Android
- Has a portfolio of mobile app design work demonstrating skill in user research, information architecture, interaction design, prototyping/testing, visual design and design systems
Nice to haves
- Icon design and animation experience
- Passion for human privacy
- Experience with crypto and Web3 products
Working at Brave
- Industry-leader in privacy, with a research and engineering team that’s innovating everyday to keep people safer online and beat Big Tech
- Competitive salaries & benefits, and generous home-office stipends
- Fully remote team (no office, no commute)
- Welcoming, humble, ridiculously smart teammates, and a flat-feeling org structure
- Opportunity to get in early at a hyper-growth company, and revolutionize the web
United States Candidates: The salary range for this role is $100,000 - $180,000 USD, depending on experience.