Brave Search is looking for talent to make search.brave.com better. Your work will impact the future of search to be used by millions of people. Brave search engine is fully autonomous and independent with its own ranking, crawling and indexes, aiming to offer a true alternative to Microsoft and Google. Plenty of challenges, if that triggers you and feel you can contribute, do not hesitate to apply.
- Anywhere (but there must be a sensible overlap with CET working hours)
An ideal candidate will have a mix of skills that include the following,
- If you never built a parser for raw html or microdata, this position is not for you.
- Knowledge on Machine learning and classical information retrieval
- Algorithmic mindset
- Familiarity with distributed systems
- Familiarity with AWS environments
- Written and verbal communication skills in English
- Proven record of getting things done
- Can do attitude, team is, and will be small
Example of onboarding tasks:
- Traverse wikipedia articles (millions) to extract a comprehensive list of authors with their works, given the predicate author, return all subjects and objects.
- Find near-duplicates results based on content at query-time
If you think this is too much for an onboarding, this is not for you, if you think this is doable and interesting, please apply now.