As a Senior Web Developer you will be part of our webops team and work very closely with our Design, Product, Business Development and Marketing teams.
You will be responsible for both back-end and front-end development. Own, build, and develop new and existing websites and write and support custom code.
- Strong knowledge of Wordpress
- Experience working with a design team to implement a front-end design system
- Strong understanding of WordPress theme and plugin creation and customization
- Experience with React and building responsive front-end components
- A general understanding of SEO and analytic tools such as Matomo (Piwik)
- Ability to work fast and under tight deadlines
- Experience building a responsive website across devices - desktop, tablet, phone
- Understanding of general web security considerations
- Understanding of security issues surrounding PHP and Wordpress and how to audit for them
- Remote work experience
- Experience with static site generators
- Basic understanding of Terraform or other Infrastructure-as-Code tools
- Understanding CDN systems (Fastly), VCL configuration, and cache purging
- Experience deploying and managing Heroku and web apps
- Implement all required web design for customer-facing websites driven by product and marketing teams
- Maintain websites and web applications, using various web-based programming or scripting languages.
- Supporting our existing websites and building out new features
- Helping formulate effective, responsive designs and turning them into a working themes and plugins.
- Quickly spinning up templated websites for new initiatives
- Ensuring high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of the CMS
- Keeping us to a high security standard
- Setting up and maintaining redirects, SSL certificates and general upkeep of sites.
- Designing and implementing new features and functionality
- Work collaboratively with geographically-distributed team members to help identify and fix bugs