Brave is on a mission to save privacy on the web. We make a web browser which protects privacy by blocking tracking by default, right out of the box. We offer completely private ads (opt-in!) as an alternative to the invasive surveillance online so that you can directly contribute to the sites you visit and appreciate.
Our roughly 100-person team orbits a “main” office of about 30 in San Francisco with smaller clusters or individual contributors spread around the world. Our work style combines an in-person culture in the SF office with remote-inclusive practices emphasizing live conversations by video call and fast and slow chat on Slack. Brave’s technical life is centered around GitHub, where we design, deliver, and document our work.
Brave is a start-up, and we have the ability to change plans quickly in response to new information or circumstances. This means that new needs can emerge on short notice, and projects are often re-mixed and adjusted in response to new input.
About the Role
Brave is looking for an experienced BD Director to join our business team in San Francisco, reporting to our CBO.
As the Business Development Director, you will fast track Brave’s growth by cutting critical partnerships with tech and non-tech businesses.
- Identify, qualify and quantify platform partnership opportunities to grow Brave users
- Experienced in distribution and licensing agreements with partners
- Foster relationships and lead discussions and negotiations with partners from C level execs to key functional leads
- Own, maintain, and develop a pipeline of partnership leads in priority verticals
- Develop business cases and create innovative proposals for potential partners that drive value for both parties
- Work cross-functionally with product, design, partnerships, engineering, and marketing as we develop and onboard partners
- Influence key discussions about overall partnership strategy and platform roadmap
- Influence and drive key decisions and discussions with Brave’s partners
- Work closely with the Brave’s executive team in supporting strategic partnerships
- Advanced 4-year degree in Technology or Business. MS or MBA is a plus
- Experience in founding / growing a startup a plus -- whether the co was a failure or success
- Demonstrated success in negotiating and closing strategic technology partnerships
- Ability to structure and operate complex business deals
- Highly organized in managing all aspects of partnerships
- Experienced in executive level presentations, both internally and externally
- 5+ years of business experience, but more preferred
This is a full time position based in our office in SOMA, San Francisco. Your compensation includes a competitive salary, comprehensive medical, vision, and dental benefits, as well as a generous 401(k) contribution. Working hours are flexible and a certain degree of working from home (or otherwise outside the office) is expected. Brave’s does not put a limit on the total amount of personal time off you take in a year, but expects that any particular vacation/recreation will be limited to two continuous weeks or less. And we expect that you actually do take a vacation, and that you stop working if you’re sick. We offer a pre-tax commuter benefit program and regular in-office lunches, coffee & tea, and a generous array of catered snacks.
Please submit a resume or CV along with a cover letter articulating your interest and experience.