Job: Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
Every day, Braskem’s 8,000 team members work to improve people’s lives through sustainable solutions in chemistry and plastics.
We pride ourselves on a culture that promotes diversity and inclusivity (D&I) encouraging its team members to be who they are, following the motto: “You are free to be you.” This mindset adds value to the organization by unlocking untapped potential. Braskem promotes collaborative behaviors that encourage new ideas and different perspectives. As a global organization, Braskem offers competitive employee benefits such as parental leave and educational reimbursement. We strongly encourage people with all different backgrounds and experiences, of all races and ethnicities, abilities, and people from the LGBTQIA+ community, to apply.
Braskem America is an indirect wholly owned subsidiary of Braskem S.A. headquartered in Philadelphia. The company is the leading producer of polypropylene in the United States, with six production plants located in Texas, Pennsylvania and West Virginia, an Innovation and Technology Center in Pittsburgh, and a new operation in Boston focused on leveraging groundbreaking developments in biotechnology and advanced materials. For more information, visit www.braskem.com/usa.
Department: Maintenance & Reliability
Location: La Porte, TX
Travel Involved: 0-5%
Job Type: Full-time
The Mechanical Maintenance Engineer is part of the Maintenance & Reliability Group, supporting plant operation and reliability improvement efforts for Braskem’s La Porte facility.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Day to day support of M&R preventative and routine repairs
- MOC creation for plant equipment modification
- Field oversight of PM efficacy and adjustment of PM’s as needed
- Implement reliability best practices
- Develop and optimize preventive maintenance tasks, and support maintenance activities
- Equipment repairs, including issuing ITP’s as required
- Capital equipment replacements or overhauls
- Leading RCA’s standard equipment related issues
- Technically support planners on day-to-day planning and parts issues.
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience in the refining, petrochemical, or chemical process preferred.
- Strong interpersonal leadership skills are critical due to the requirement for effective communication of complex issues across the organization, as well as for mentoring and consensus building.
- The successful candidate must exhibit an understanding of business drivers, management of change requirements, reliability processes, and maintenance workflow.
- The individual must have or develop basic proficiency in the following areas with the ability to develop into a subject matter expert in particular areas:
- Basic understanding of industry codes and standards (i.e. API, ASME)
- Predictive and Preventive Maintenance concepts
- Ability to apply computer software tools (SAP, Microsoft Office, Meridium)
- Must be an excellent communicator, a strong leader, have solid interpersonal skills, and be able to interact with all levels in the organization.
- Must be a self-starter and have high standards.
- Knowledge and understanding of sound engineering practices and principles, relating to mechanical equipment.
- Knowledge of rotating equipment design, installation and maintenance, including hands-on troubleshooting of pumps, compressors, and extruders.
- Knowledge and understanding of Predictive technologies, including vibration, thermography, lubrication analysis, and ultrasonic.