HelloPrivacy helps millions of people clean up, protect and improve their online privacy & reputation. Our Privacy API allows enterprises across industries like identity protection, fintech, banking, antivirus and cybersecurity to add powerful privacy features to their own offerings through our scalable, industry-leading Privacy APIs and white label partner solutions. We have successfully launched the Privacy API which removes consumer personal information from the web with a number of Fortune 500 partners in just the past few months!
Our consumer brand, BrandYourself.com, has helped millions of consumers protect their online reputation and has been featured on ABC’s Shark Tank, BBC’s Dragons’ Den and numerous other media outlets. This is an opportunity to join a fast-growing, profitable, venture-backed company in a rapidly expanding market in a highly-impactful position, with the opportunity to work on scalable, enterprise solutions or consumer-facing products.
To learn more about the company visit: https://helloprivacy.com/about
Who We Are
Join a talented technology group managing a team of engineers who are working on the industry-changing Privacy API with Fortune 500 enterprise partners and building new products within the private space. We are focused on building out the major scale and expanding our product offerings as we build out leadership within technology. Our culture is built upon friendliness and a strong sense of ownership. We are a fully remote engineering team so don’t hesitate to apply from anywhere within the US. Join us in the fun!
We’re looking for a VP of Engineering to join our dynamic technology department. This role will focus on managing and assisting our engineers rapidly execute the API & SaaS roadmaps. This position will be fully Remote but we do have a NYC office that is available for use. This is an opportunity to join a fast-growing, profitable venture-backed company in a rapidly expanding market in a highly-impactful position. You will manage work with technologies such as Node JS, React, Terraform, Couchbase, and Docker.
We offer competitive salary, equity, health care, and 401k matching!
● Hands-on engineering leader looking to foster the best engineering culture around and willing to
set the best example.
● Collaborate with the Product team and your Engineering team to solve business & technical
challenges in simple, sustainable ways
● Deliver on MVPs, enterprise launches, and roadmap items.
● Own products from a technical leadership perspective and ensure they are the best out there.
● You’ve been in an engineering management type role for 7+ years
● You have managed engineering teams with a strong tenure working with various products.
● You have a firm grasp on Agile software development methodologies
● You have understanding of developing RESTful APIs
● You possess exceptional work ethic & attention to detail
● You have excellent communication & interpersonal skills
● You enjoy working collaboratively within a distributed team
● You have familiarity with some or all of the following:
- NodeJS or similar scripting languages
- Jest, Mocha, or similar testing frameworks
- RabbitMQ, Kafka, or similar message queue technologies
- React/Redux, Angular, Vue, or similar frontend frameworks
- SQL and/or NoSQL databases
- Containerization technologies such as Docker
- Authentication mechanisms such as OAuth, JWT, etc.
- Browser automation & web scraping