Brandlive is a fast growing team serving a range of dynamic customers and organizations with names you’ll definitely recognize (from Fortune 100 brands to presidential campaigns). Our video-communication software products are designed to give companies and brands an elevated and memorable platform for their most important communications: product launches, summits, town halls, campaigns, shows, fundraisers, and more. The software we build supports exciting organizations that are changing the world. We are always evolving to deliver tools that empower our customers and capture the opportunities of a rapidly growing market. Learn more at Brandlive.com.
We are looking for a standout VP of Marketing to lead the business in achieving exciting company growth goals and support big, rapid product innovations in 2021 and beyond. The right leader for this role will be ready and looking for a high growth environment where practices, goals, and performance are assessed on a continual basis to optimize for quality, volume, and return. As Brandlive expands its product suite and customer base, the VP of Marketing will own a pivotal role in the go to market strategy/execution, demand generation, brand communication, and team construction to reach company revenue and customer acquisition goals.
The VP of Marketing will report directly to the SVP of Marketing and grow to oversee direct reports in line with both functional roles (design, demand generation, etc) and roles specialized by product within the Brandlive product lineup. This role will also feature direct collaboration with sales and ownership of product marketing and sales enablement projects. As the team develops and grows, this leader will be directly responsible for setting objectives related to marketing growth and performance, aligning teams and work priorities to those objectives, and delivering on performance targets. The ability to toggle between big picture thinking and day-to-day executional leadership will be key to success.
Experience leading marketing for Saas or other larger-ticket software products and a deep understanding of how to organize and manage both quantitative and qualitative marketing sub-functions will be useful as foundation for this role.
- Set and maintain marketing goals and initiatives that align with executive leadership’s targets for each Brandlive product.
- Deliver Brandlive brands and products to market in a differentiated way vs. the competition.
- Define and oversee inbound and outbound lead generation channels, strategies, and programs.
- Report and forecast on marketing performance and volume to help define and manage budgets and spending.
- Collaborate directly with sales to define product marketing communication within the sales motion (product marketing and sales enablement).
- Develop a strong product marketing, product communication, and sales enablement strategy that scales.
- Oversee and organize a growing marketing team to be organized by both sub-function and product specialization.
- Hire and continue to build out the marketing organization over time while implementing core marketing practices and operating processes.
- Install a growth mindset to the Brandlive marketing team — clear definition and attention to performance and the proactivity to always improve.
- Audit and oversee improvement of marketing automation and CRM practices.
- Ensure Brandlive maintains an edge in market with innovative strategies to stay ahead of competition leveraging Brandlive products, key channels, and content.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5-7 years experience of Marketing, Sales, or Product experience inside of a large scale or high growth software organization.
- 3+ total years of leadership experience managing teams with complex objectives.
- A stated comfort with both the quantitative and qualitative sides of marketing and knowledge to implement team and process around each.
- Experience working in or directly with Sales to optimize lead flow and lead productivity.
- Deep familiarity and understanding of digital marketing channels and mechanics.
- Facebook/Instagram, [Google] Search, YouTube, display placements, podcasts, emerging channels.
- Experience and understanding of industry specific marketing channels and mass market channels and how to create a powerful mix of exposure that drives marketing goals.
- A non-stop drive to deliver quality that exceeds expectations.
- An open mind and constant drive to learn.
- Extraordinary grit; smart, creative and persistent.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Excellent leadership and verbal communication skills.
- Skilled at defining and prioritizing a large and diverse set of projects.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and navigate complex decision making.
- A scientific approach to understanding performance, driven by hypothesis-driven thinking.