Brandlive is looking for an Accounting Manager who will be responsible for the management and maintenance of general accounting systems to provide records of assets, liabilities, and financial transactions in conformance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. This position will be responsible for overseeing activities related to Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, General Ledger, Fixed Assets, and Inventory Accounting.
Applicants should be able to work with a broad knowledge of accounting principles and procedures, leaning towards optimum efficiency and effectiveness with strong skills in process improvement.
- Financial system close coordination.
- Balance sheet account reconciliation, including schedule preparation and reconciliation monthly.
- Assist with financial statement preparation.
- Perform monthly bank and credit card reconciliations.
- Corporate tax reporting including income, sales/use, payroll, and property tax.
- Oversee and manage partner and affiliate reporting and/or all collections matters.
- Oversee current bookkeeper and support accounts payable/accounts receivable functions.
- Commission, bonus, partner, and affiliate calculation and reporting.
- Receive and answers inquiries from customers, vendors, or other departments with regard to transaction status.
- State registration for employment, sales/use tax, unemployment, income tax, property tax, workers comp and subsequent reporting.
- File completed accounting transactions.
- Manage employee expense reimbursement with Expensify or other system to be determined.
- Process payroll.
- Develops and directs the operation of additional accounting systems and procedures to reduce costs and obtain improved information.
- Exercises professional judgement to resolve moderately complex account problems.
- Other duties, tasks or projects as required or assigned.
Required Skills / Qualifications:
- AA or BA in Accounting.
- Strong transactional accounting competencies and experience.
- Comfortable with preparing journal entries and reconciling accounts.
- Familiar with financial statement impacts of transactions.
- Extreme attention to detail and conscientious follow-up and follow through.
- Demonstrates ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities while still meeting deadlines.
- Conscientious, efficient, accurate, and reliable work habits.
- Computer familiarity with Windows, Microsoft 365, spreadsheets, word processors, databases, QuickBooks, and email.
- Customer service background or orientation preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and handle confidential information.
- Software industry experience preferred.
- Education or experience relevant to competency levels of the position.
- Supervisory experience.