Public Relations Lead
What you’ll do:
As the Public Relations Leader you will be responsible for the vision and execution of PR and Communications for Company Brand, Product & Communications and Executive PR. Rare opportunity to work across the company to lead cutting-edge PR and communication initiatives from ideation through to execution, driving awareness by maximizing our media exposure across all sectors (lifestyle, tech, business, food), building brand equity and advancing business goals.
You’ll Create Impact By:
- Develop and drive communications strategies to elevate consumer awareness of Brandless vision and products that help drive ongoing customer engagement and loyalty
- Guardian of the Brandless company and product story; capturing the voice, vision and tone of co-founders across all mediums
- Develop, update and deliver consistent messaging and proof points to use in communications materials, product visuals, presentations, executive interview prep and blogs, social and outbound PR messaging to media etc
- Create and execute strategies for communicating and evangelizing attributes and benefits of specific products and categories
- Executive speaking and event strategy including product activations, launches and events
- Social media strategy and implementation for executive and brand not for community members & mktg)
- Effectively manage partner agency relationships to ensure Brandless business needs and are served
- Serve as company press contact and build, foster key relationships by identifying and building relationships with the right industry validators/analysts
- Collaborate closely with internal Brandless stakeholders including marketing, social media, creative and CSR functions
- Coordinate website maintenance (article links, stories and events) is posted regularly
What you’ll need:
- Successful prior experience building and running communications/PR function from ground up at a startup consumer brand
- Leadership: executive presence, ability to advocate for your ideas and back it up with data, make compelling case to support strategy and recommendations
- CPG and/or Ecommerce B2C expertise: Must possess understanding of issues and competitive dynamics facing CPG and ideally with food and beverage category; Deep understanding at the product level as well as the business level with special focus on millennials.
- Experienced consultative relationship style to support senior and executive leadership and drive business initiatives with ability to influence, educate and incorporate feedback.
- Highly successful at reaching consumers through targeted communications programs and strategy. Able to execute directly whenever required.
- Analytical: Knows how to track and map research, trends and data points and incorporate into the Brandless narrative, media pitches and other tactical activities
- Entrepreneurial, scrappy and proactive, able to work independently to both develop and implement new ideas within finite resources
- Highly collaborative style, keen listening skills
- Excellent writing and ability to create compelling stories, strong editing skills
- Track record as an implementer
- 10 + years experience in-house/agency
- Experience thriving in a high growth startup
Brandless provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Brandless follows applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.