ASSISTANT SITE MERCHANT
Position Overview: The Brandless Site Merchandising team is looking for a driven and dedicated merchandiser with a hunger for making things happen. Reporting to the Director of Site Merchandising, this individual will help manage the day to day merchandising of Brandless.com, focused primarily on executing new launches and driving day to day business needs, as well as supporting initiatives for the total Merchant team. This individual will work closely with all members of the team, whether supporting our core objectives or fueling our cross-channel efforts. This is for someone eager to learn about merchandising and gain experience in rapidly growing an online retail business.
- Execute daily updates to the Brandless.com site, including new launches, enhancements and assortment organization.
- Work closely with merchandising team to ensure that all products are properly merchandised on the site and projects are executed in a timely and thorough manner.
- Visually arrange site to ease the shopping experience and help create the path to purchase and to drive key business metrics.
- Manage launch calendar and coordinate with buying team to ensure all styles launch at the proper time.
- Manage implementation of project releases, interfacing with cross-functional teams to ensure on-time completion of project releases.
- Coordinate the creative process between merchant, creative, and engineering/product teams for new launches.
- Coordinate and administer testing and prepare for new product launches and major site launches.
- Deliver reporting and insight on a regular basis that accurately measures performance of site analytics. Support Director of Site Merchandising in reporting on customer and basket analytics.
- Leverage site data to recommend updates and enhancements to site merchandising.
- Report on industry trends and demonstrate a deep understanding of the competitive landscape.
- At least 2+ years of experience in merchandising or marketing (start-up experience a plus.)
- Experience in merchandising for an online retailer.
- Exceptional organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to multi-task and manage multiple deadlines.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- A passion for product/merchandise and an insatiable desire to learn and grow.
- Ability to turn analysis into action and execute against timelines.
- Meticulous attention to detail and an eye for consistency.
- Bachelor degree. Business, Marketing or Retail/Merchandising related field is preferred.
- Experience working with CMS tools.
- Able to make timely decisions, anticipate problems, and provide creative solutions.
- Continuous learner.
Brandless provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Brandless complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.