Brandless is reinventing modern consumption by making better stuff at fairer prices available to everyone. We're starting with our everyday essentials collection: better-for-you versions of the things you use all the time, including non-GMO food, clean beauty, non-toxic cleaners and home goods. All for just $3. We created and curated products that support your values and belief systems as well as dietary restrictions and preferences, whether that’s cruelty-free, EPA Safer Choice Certified, gluten-free or organic, to name a few. Plus, with every order placed on Brandless.com, a meal is donated to people facing hunger through Feeding America.
We’ve had an incredible response from both media and consumers since launching Brandless on July 11. We’re looking for a passionate storyteller to join our communications team to help us continue to share #brandlesslife with the world. This role will report to the Head of Communications and help build our product communications program from the ground up. While many CPG companies launch new products quarterly or annually, at Brandless we’re adding new products to our assortment every week. That creates an incredibly rich environment for product storytelling and we’ve developed this role to help maximize that opportunity.
You’ll play a significant role in driving visibility for Brandless products, from supporting launches to developing seasonal stories to driving reviews. You’ll work closely with our external partners as well as internal teams to create cohesive stories and make a major splash for key moments in time. We’re looking for a self-starter and creative thinker who’s equally comfortable collaborating with a team and working independently.
- Manage product reviews program, from strategy to execution
- Secure product reviews and coverage
- Project manage external PR partners
- Respond to and manage inbound media inquiries
- Assist with planning, executing and staffing media/influencer product events
- Drive product PR asset creation with creative team
- Write pitches and posts
- Own coverage tracking and reporting
- 2-4 years of experience in a full-time PR role, either agency, in-house or a mix of both
- Worked with CPG brands (food, beauty and/or home is ideal but not required)
- Proven success in building consumer media relationships
- Knows the ins and outs of running a product reviews program
- Deep experience pitching physical products, both for news and reviews coverage
- Event planning and/or support experience a plus
- Storyteller at heart, knows how to build compelling stories for both media and consumers
- Seasoned writer able to craft content for media and consumer audiences
- Strong knowledge of grammar and AP Style, able to self-edit
- Highly organized, able to juggle many tasks without dropping a ball
- Multi-tasker who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Team player with a collaborative nature and can-do approach
- Proactive go-getter who sees what needs to be done and rolls up your sleeves to do it
- Proficient in Excel/Sheets
Brandless provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Brandless complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.