Brandless is reinventing modern consumption by making better stuff at fairer prices available to everyone. We're starting with our everyday essentials collection: better-for-you versions of the things you use all the time, from snacks to soap to spoons. All for just $3. We created and curated products that match your values and requirements, from organic to gluten-free to paraben-free. Plus, with every order placed on Brandless.com, a meal is donated to people facing hunger through Feeding America.
On the Engineering team at Brandless we use React, Redux, Rails and TypeScript to deliver a modern, fast, and maintainable shopping experience to our customers, along with handling several key systems behind the scenes.
It is our job to ensure our customers’ orders are correctly fulfilled and accounted for during the ordering process and beyond. As such our team has a huge impact throughout the business.
As a company we have daring plans beyond e-commerce and to execute them we are building out a first class engineering team with experience across the stack. We are accepting all applicants whether you prefer to contribute to the frontend, backend or both.
Mentoring is a core tenant of what we do here at Brandless. Our team already ranges in ability and background (alumni from the likes of GitHub, Munchery and Twitter alongside bootcamp graduates) and we plan to carry this on as we grow. Whether you love teaching or learning from your coworkers, you will enjoy being a member of our team.
This position is located in our HQ in San Francisco.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve components of our full stack codebases
- Manage individual project priorities and deadlines
- Optimize core aspects of our platform to ensure our customers are delighted when utilizing our product stack
- BS degree in Computer Science or a similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- Experience working with frontend and/or backend web frameworks
- At least 3 years professional experience as a software engineer
- Familiarity with the whole web stack, including protocols and web server optimization techniques
- Open source contributions
- An understanding of the principles of accessibility and ability to build products that are accessible to users with disabilities
- Previous mentoring experience
- Experience with one or more of:
- Ruby on Rails
Brandless provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Brandless follows applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.