We’re looking for a exceptional designer to join the Brandless Creative Studio!
Based in San Francisco, Brandless™ is a fresh approach to consumer commerce. Our mission is deeply rooted in quality, transparency, and community-driven values. Starting with everyday essentials, Brandless™ makes it possible for everyone to have access to better stuff for fewer dollars.
The Brandless Creative Studio is a strong team of art directors, designers, writers and content creators with big ideas. We love impromptu brainstorm sessions, animated gifs, and and lots of yummy gummy fish to keep us inspired. For us, teamwork is dreamwork. We collaborate daily to create exceptional work across all touchpoints: our online store, marketing channels, social media, blog, community events, swag, packaging and more.
The perfect candidate will love modern, simple, clean design and have impeccable typography skills. Your portfolio will speak for itself, but that shouldn’t stop you from telling us about it in your cover letter. (#humblebrags encouraged.)
- Design, create, layout, build, package, and preflight print-ready design mechanicals for various print work including print collateral, swag, and packaging.
- Strategize, manage, and evolve our design guidelines and packaging system across the Brandless catalog.
- Ensure creative projects maintain the look, feel, and voice of Brandless
- Work with merchandising partners to ensure all appropriate language is applied to packaging and other marketing materials where required.
- Proof and approve press checks for production printing.
- Work with printers and third party producers to estimate and deliver jobs.
- Bachelor’s degree in design or equivalent professional experience
- 6+ years’ experience as a designer across a variety of practices in graphic design with a concentration in package design; including collateral, point of purchase displays, and print advertising
- An expert understanding of the trends in packaging and brand visual systems
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (emphasis on Illustrator, InDesign & Photoshop) with working knowledge of MS Office including Word and PowerPoint
- Comprehensive knowledge of concept development, design, and all phases of production
- The ability to create digital and/or physical mockups
- Awareness of design, fashion/beauty, retail, social media and lifestyle trends.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in fast paced and highly demanding environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience defining or maintaining a design style guide or branding guidelines
Brandless provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Brandless complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.