We're seeking a creative and hands-on Product/UX Designer who combines a passion for clean, usable design with an ability to bring designs to life. Working alongside product and engineering, you’ll craft elegant, user-centered solutions to complex data and interaction problems. You’ll gather user feedback, collaborate on new features, rapidly prototype wireframes, polish pixel-perfect mockups, and work with engineers to ship great experiences. You should have an impeccable eye for graphic design, color, and composition and be able to communicate your ideas using a wide variety of methods, from concept to launch.
If you’re a versatile designer who thrives on feedback and iteration, loves thinking about the big picture and the smallest details, and has a knack for translating business needs into emotionally engaging design stories, let us know! We’d love to meet you. Please also include a link to your portfolio with your application.
- Work with the existing team of engineers, designers, product managers, and creatives to create highly interactive, delightful, and user-centered experiences for our e-commerce suite of products
- Collaborate cross-functionally to define and deliver a consistent design language
- Translate broad, complex ideas into clear, delightfully designed products
- Participate in cross-functional brainstorms, discussions, and design reviews
- Present design rationale and concepts to the executive team and understand business needs to achieve excellent results
- Mentor team members by providing feedback and direction
- 5+ years of experience on a product or user experience team for a web or mobile application
- Excellent portfolio with examples of mobile/desktop design experiences
- Proficiency in Sketch and Invision
- Experience working with eCommerce applications
- Strong business sense and experience working with senior leadership
- Fluency with web design principles and best practices
- Strong sense of interactive design and ability to clearly articulate interactive elements
- Strong analytical, creative thinking, and collaboration skills
- Comfort working across the product development spectrum: ideation, strategy, concept work to pixel-level details, and implementation
- Strong visual design sense and ability to design within, and help define, visual guidelines
- Ability to quickly master technical skills in a fast-paced startup environment and to solve complex problems conceptually in collaboration with the broader team
- Exceptional organization skills to manage design files and assets
- Experience managing user and usability research projects
- A love of shopping online as a discerning, thoughtful user in your own everyday life
- Native app design experience is also a bonus
Brandless provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Brandless complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.