Be the first data scientist on our team and help shape the future of our data ecosystem. You will have the opportunity to directly impact the way we interact and think about data and develop custom modeling that will drive the future growth of our business. We have a strong data-centric culture that will enable your work to deeply influence all other aspects of our business and shape our product direction. You will be encouraged to apply relevant statistical analysis, machine learning and utilization of complex modeling to unlock and help us grow our business.
- Conduct all relevant data analysis to make business recommendations (i.e. forecasting, cost-benefit, forecasting, impact and sensitivity analysis).
- Present & communicate findings and recommendations to multiple levels of leadership with relevant visual displays of quantitative information.
- Develop, champion and own all reports. Build and prototype all our internal dashboards to provide relevant insights as we grow and scale.
- Ensure you can help all cross-functional partners with their needs to ensure we formulate and complete end-to-end analysis (from data gathering, to analysis, to ongoing follow up and presentation)
- Own, develop and provide a vision and roadmap for analytics across our product and teams
- BS degree in Computer Science or a similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- At least 2-3 years of software development experience in a data science role.
- Experience working with statistical packages (i.e. R, SAS, Stata, MATLAB, etc.).
- Working with product teams to pull and collate relevant data from datasets (SQL) and using statistics to arrive at an answer.
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
- MS or PhD in statistics, CS or data science.
- Strong working background in A/B testing, cohort analysis, conversion funnels, segmentation, growth, acquisition, retention and monetization
- Working knowledge of machine learning libraries (i.e. Tensorflow) and relevant ML patterns (i.e. Gradient Boosting, Logistic Regression, Boosting, Generalization, Over and underfitting, Training and updating production models etc)
- Solid knowledge of performance tools and optimization techniques.
- Interest and ability to learn other programming languages as needed.
Brandless provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Brandless complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.