Brandless is a new kind of company, a community that puts people first and makes better products at fairer prices. Everything is just $3, BrandTax free and sold exclusively on brandless.com. In a sentence: Better everything for everyone, all $3. Brandless makes hundreds of everyday essentials, aka the stuff you use all the time, including non-GMO food, clean personal care products, non-toxic cleaners and home goods. At Brandless, you can shop your values while getting great value.
What you’ll do:
As the Inbound Manager, you are responsible for leading and managing the inbound transportation logistics and consolidation operations for suppliers both domestic and international. The primary focus is to manage the overall operational effectiveness relative to transportation service and costs. The ideal candidate has direct accountability for managing on-time performance of vendor pick-ups and delivery through adherence to the planning guidelines, managing carrier performance, ensuring product safety, and collaborating with Merchandising and Operations to drive improved vendor performance.
You’ll Create Impact By:
- Partner with Merchandising and Operations, as well as carriers, vendors, and consolidators to book all loads from pickup at suppliers through delivery to warehouses
- Take ownership of rate shopping, carrier selection, lane development and bidding to reduce inbound transportation costs while meeting service goals (on-time and in full)
- Review daily, weekly, and monthly carrier reports to drive efficient and effective carrier management, driving all carrier service and compliance
- Evaluate routing solutions and perform analysis on alternative solutions to continuously seek improve efficiency and reliability/quality
- Review and approve all invoices identifying where we have been overbilled and drive through resolution
- Define critical Inbound metrics and work with Data Science so they can be publish daily, weekly, and monthly metrics
- Works closely with the IT Department on the testing and implementation of applications, upgrades, patches and EDI information related to TMS, tools and data management
What you’ll need:
- 7+ yrs experience in transportation or applicable freight logistics experience
- Experience with transportation of food/beverage required
- Bachelor Degree in Logistics, Industrial Engineering, Operations Management, Supply Chain, or equivalent work experience
Brandless provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Brandless follows applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.