As the Email Marketing Intern, you'll be responsible for managing the calendar for and executing on our weekly email sends to our entire list of subscribed users. You'll also pitch, execute, and report on AB testing (and resulting lift!) within those sends. In addition to managing weekly sends, we'll want you to perform additional email analysis, assisting the creative and merchandising team by answering questions and providing additional insights and recommendations based on their findings. In addition to your responsibilities to your team, you may also be asked to contribute to company-wide initiatives as designated by your manager. As a culmination of your work at Brandless, you’ll be asked to present about your summer, work, and experience at a company all-hands, at a date to be mutually determined by you and the company.
What you’ll work on:
- Assist in the execution and reporting of our regular schedule of marketing blast emails.
- Pitch and execute marketing blast email testing across our subscriber list.
- Assist the merchandising and creative teams by providing additional reporting and insights from email.
- Contribute to larger marketing strategy and brainstorms.
- Work cross-functionally with the creative team to develop robust calendaring for email sends.
What we’re looking for:
- Curiosity! You’ll be contributing to a data-driven marketing team - curiosity and testing is going to make us better.
- Previous demonstrated interest in marketing (preferably ecommerce).
- Ability to collaborate with a variety of stakeholders with varying viewpoints.
- Familiarity with and interest in ecommerce or email marketing. Have an opinion on what brands are doing right, what’s working, and what you’d like to bring to Brandless!
- A passion for the Brandless mission (and a love for Quinoa Puffs doesn’t hurt).
Brandless provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Brandless complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
About the Internship Program
Brandless' internship program is designed to give college students a glimpse into life at a fast-paced, ever-evolving Bay Area startup. Interns work closely with teammates to deliver on key projects and objectives, while also working cross-functionally with different areas of our business. Our goal is that our interns have an amazing experience while learning about our business and their own career interests. Interns will be expected to work at least ten weeks in the office. We hope you'll join us!
Based in San Francisco and Minneapolis, Brandless was brought to life on July 11, 2017. We’re a group of thinkers, eaters, doers, and lovers of life with big dreams about changing the world. Our mission is deeply rooted in quality, transparency, and community-driven values. Better stuff, fewer dollars. It's that simple.