Sr. Data Scientist : Product
Branch is on a mission to help working Americans grow financially. We do this by helping companies accelerate payments and empower working Americans with accessible, fee-free financial services. We’re committed to building and delivering more inclusive and transparent financial products.
Come join our team as we develop new ways to improve the lives of working Americans. Our mission starts with empowering our own employees. Have a great idea? Share it today and it might just get implemented tomorrow. As a team member at Branch, your voice and creativity can directly impact the product and company. We not only attract great talent from across the country, but also build teams to help that talent to thrive. That means valuing a diversity of opinions and working styles, while creating a shared belief in innovation, initiative, and winning together.
The Data team at Branch is looking for a senior data scientist to improve the overall experience of workers on Branch’s platform by balancing user experience with risk mitigation. The ideal candidate will be a data guru that enjoys seeking out solutions to complex business objectives, mapping the solutions to data science approaches and delivering scalable results. The ability to juggle fully automated solutions and ad-hoc needs of the business is a necessity for success in this role.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor Branch’s product line from a risk perspective
- Work with product and operation teams to optimize the growth:risk tradeoff by creating models and routines that set product parameters
- Lead feature engineering effort for risk modeling within the larger data team
- Proactively seek out areas to apply data science approaches to advance business goals, emphasizing on low hanging fruit
- Act as resident expert on anomaly detection and risk modeling
- 5+ years solving data problems using advanced statistical techniques
- Business experience in monitoring risk and optimizing the tradeoff between risk and growth
- Strong background in Python and SQL
- Experience solving data problems “end to end”: from analysis to modeling to productionalized deliverable (ideally leveraging Python Notebooks)
- Familiarity conducting data science research to explore cutting edge approaches
- Background in machine learning and econometric modeling; ability to interpret and “teach” results
- Bonus points for
- Fintech and/or Payments experience
- Familiarly with Google Cloud Platform
- Work from anywhere
- Branch-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible time off
- Paid company holidays
- Paid parental leave
Branch is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Working at Branch
Headquartered in Minneapolis but with employees located all throughout the US, Branch emphasizes transparency, accountability, and trust to create a collaborative environment where our product, engineering, marketing, customer support, customer success, and sales teams can all thrive together.
Our teamwork has enabled us to become an award-winning fintech company, with Branch’s innovation and workplace recognized across industries. Branch has been honored by the Webby Awards, Benzinga Fintech Awards, Fintech Breakthrough Awards, the Star Tribune’s Top Workplaces, and EY Entrepreneur of the Year, Heartland, among others.
Learn more about our culture, approach, technology, and people here: https://www.branchapp.com/culture