Branch is on a mission to help working Americans grow financially. We do this by helping companies accelerate payments and empower working Americans with accessible, fee-free financial services. We’re committed to building and delivering more inclusive and transparent financial products.
Come join our team as we develop new ways to improve the lives of working Americans. Our mission starts with empowering our own employees. Have a great idea? Share it today and it might just get implemented tomorrow. As a team member at Branch, your voice and creativity can directly impact the product and company. We not only attract great talent from across the country, but also build teams to help that talent to thrive. That means valuing a diversity of opinions and working styles, while creating a shared belief in innovation, initiative, and winning together.
We are looking for a motivated, well organized Risk Team Lead to manage Risk Operations at Branch. They must enjoy learning, building new processes and procedures, and creating the foundations upon which Branch’s Risk team will grow. Must be adaptable, an excellent people leader, and have a strong working knowledge of fraud trends and risks in the fintech industry.,
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as direct manager of a team of five, providing coaching and supervision
- Monitor team metrics and ensure queue SLAs, quality and productivity standards are being met
- Develop team goals and quality standards, and conduct regular quality reviews
- Partner with training and quality specialists to develop a training program for new hires and existing staff
- Respond quickly to emerging fraud trends by escalating risks and developing procedures to combat fraudulent activity
- Partner with internal/external stakeholders to develop processes and procedures for new tools or products
- Ensure regulatory obligations are being met (Reg E, OFAC screenings,AML/BSA alerts, etc)
- Take an active role in creating a strong operational foundation which will allow Branch’s risk team to scale
- Bachelor’s Degree or other education plus relevant experience in financial services
- 3-5 years experience leading a remote team across multiple time zones and schedules
- Good working knowledge of fraud trends and risks, as well as regulations such as Reg E, AML/BSA, OFAC, etc.
- An operational mindset with the ability to dig into details, identify patterns, and propose thoughtful solutions
- Experience with Zendesk and SQL preferred
- A desire to grow Branch’s Risk Operations into a world class team!
- Work from anywhere
- Branch-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible time off
- Paid company holidays
- Paid parental leave
Working at Branch
Headquartered in Minneapolis but with employees located all throughout the US, Branch emphasizes transparency, accountability, and trust to create a collaborative environment where our product, engineering, marketing, customer support, customer success, and sales teams can all thrive together.
Our teamwork has enabled us to become an award-winning fintech company, with Branch’s innovation and workplace recognized across industries. Branch has been honored by the Webby Awards, Benzinga Fintech Awards, Fintech Breakthrough Awards, the Star Tribune’s Top Workplaces, and EY Entrepreneur of the Year, Heartland, among others.
Learn more about our culture, approach, technology, and people here: https://www.branchapp.com/culture
Branch is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.