Branch is on a mission to help working Americans grow financially. We do this by helping companies accelerate payments and empower working Americans with accessible, fee-free financial services. We’re committed to building and delivering more inclusive and transparent financial products.
Come join our team as we develop new ways to improve the lives of working Americans. Our mission starts with empowering our own employees. Have a great idea? Share it today and it might get implemented tomorrow. As a team member at Branch, your voice and creativity can directly impact the product and company. We not only attract great talent from across the country, but also build teams to help that talent to thrive. That means valuing a diversity of opinions and working styles, while creating a shared belief in innovation, initiative, and winning together.
As the Head of People at Branch, you'll be responsible for leading, developing and executing Branch’s People strategy. You'll oversee the team's People Operations and Talent Acquisition teams and work closely with leadership to provide an exceptional candidate and employee experience. You will build out innovative and efficient processes as we scale that drive excellent business and people outcomes around acquisition, onboarding, engagement, and retention.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with leadership teams on recruiting, onboarding, engagement, and retention.
- Develop a talent acquisition organization that includes full-life cycle recruiting, sourcing, analytics, operations and talent brand.
- Ensure a great onboarding experience for new hires.
- Help build company culture and lead team compensation, performance, and development.
- Create a thoughtful, clear metrics-driven approach that tracks, monitors, and evaluates the impact and effectiveness of people programs and initiatives.
- Build, advocate for, and foster diversity, equity and inclusion best practices in all aspects of the recruitment process, ensuring the adoption of equitable and inclusive hiring practices across the company.
- Build out Branch’s People team to provide a world-class HR support and Acquisition capability
- In partnership with People Operations, build and operationalize talent processes and programs such as mobility and referral programs, compliance, and compensation.
- Create, execute and nurture an employer brand strategy.
- Scale the Branch team to 4-5x headcount
- 5+ years of people, HR, or recruiting experience – an emphasis on building high performing teams and inclusive cultures at a high-growth startup
- Experience driving efficiency and delivering on measurable impact through data.
- Excellent communication and relationship building across all levels and functions.
- Passionate about building teams, developing people, and creating a strong identity and culture.
- Passion for innovation with a focus on providing an amazing experience to both candidates, and employees
- Proven advocate for diversity, equity, and inclusion, including experience sourcing and hiring from a diverse candidate pool.
- Experience building a People team in a fast-paced environment.
- Passion for building great teams.
- Proven track record in a hyper-growth company.
- Work from anywhere (U.S. based)
- Branch-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible time off
- Paid company holidays
- Paid parental leave
Branch is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Working at Branch
Headquartered in Minneapolis but with employees located all throughout the US, Branch emphasizes transparency, accountability, and trust to create a collaborative environment where our product, engineering, marketing, customer support, customer success, and sales teams can all thrive together.
Our teamwork has enabled us to become an award-winning fintech company, with Branch’s innovation and workplace recognized across industries. Branch has been honored by the Webby Awards, Benzinga Fintech Awards, Fintech Breakthrough Awards, the Star Tribune’s Top Workplaces, and EY Entrepreneur of the Year, Heartland, among others.
Learn more about our culture, approach, technology, and people here: https://www.branchapp.com/about