Branch is on a mission to help working Americans grow financially. We do this by helping companies accelerate payments and empower working Americans with accessible, fee-free financial services. We’re committed to building and delivering more inclusive and transparent financial products.
Come join our team as we develop new ways to improve the lives of working Americans. Our mission starts with empowering our own employees. Have a great idea? Share it today and it might just get implemented tomorrow. As a team member at Branch, your voice and creativity can directly impact the product and company. We not only attract great talent from across the country, but also build teams to help that talent to thrive. That means valuing a diversity of opinions and working styles, while creating a shared belief in innovation, initiative, and winning together.
Branch is seeking a business-minded attorney with experience in negotiating and managing commercial agreements. As the second attorney for the company, this role will support the Sales and Partnership teams and work directly with the General Counsel on innovative legal issues in an evolving regulatory landscape. This is an opportunity to join a small but growing legal and compliance team, and build out the framework for how we negotiate and think about agreements.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Review, draft, and negotiate commercial agreements with customers, partners and vendors.
- Develop strong relationships and respond promptly to legal requests from the business.
- Keep current on relevant industry standards, laws, and regulations, including privacy laws.
- Develop and maintain a contract management process, along with written guidance and quality communication for internal clients.
- Support the General Counsel and provide general legal guidance to the business.
- Hands-on experience with contract negotiation and management.
- Ability to roll up your sleeves, learn the business and proactively analyze opportunities and risks.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to make complex issues understandable.
- Admission to one bar.
- 2-5 years of in-house experience, preferably a startup or in the fintech space.
- Work from anywhere
- Branch-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible time off
- Paid company holidays
- Paid parental leave
Branch is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Working at Branch
Headquartered in Minneapolis but with employees located all throughout the US, Branch emphasizes transparency, accountability, and trust to create a collaborative environment where our product, engineering, marketing, customer support, customer success, and sales teams can all thrive together.
Our teamwork has enabled us to become an award-winning fintech company, with Branch’s innovation and workplace recognized across industries. Branch has been honored by the Webby Awards, Benzinga Fintech Awards, Fintech Breakthrough Awards, the Star Tribune’s Top Workplaces, and EY Entrepreneur of the Year, Heartland, among others.
Learn more about our culture, approach, technology, and people here: https://www.branchapp.com/culture