Are you interested in joining a fast-paced, growing company? Branch has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, take initiative, constantly strive to develop themselves, and collaborate with those around them. Branch is a team focused company located in Downtown Minneapolis but with remote workers throughout the country. Come join the data engineers and data scientists on our Data team that are working hard to improve the lives of hourly workers by developing data products for internal and external use. Learn more about our culture, approach, tech, and people here: https://www.branchapp.com/team
The Data team at Branch consists of Data Engineers, Data Scientists and Analysts driven to develop and parameterize Data Products to improve the lives of hard working Americans. We are looking for an engineer with a passion for all things data and a desire to help Branch grow by helping to create, maintain, and scale the foundation necessary to leverage data. The ideal candidate will excel at working closely with data scientists and analysts in order to proliferate Branch’s usage of data. The candidate should be interested in working at a startup and excited about the idea of being an early member of a team focused on data science applications for the product as well as core data pipeline needs. An ability to think through both batch and streaming environments will be a necessity for success in this role.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create and maintain services for data science products (includes real time data application as well as ML pipeline)
- Improve the “data feedback loop” by ideating on services that provide access to data science results and/or automate action (such as a/b testing structure)
- Contribute to broader data procedures to increase performance, consistency, and accuracy; including both architecture as well as data “wrangling” when necessary
- 3+ years of experience designing, implementing and maintaining data solutions in a distributed environment.
- Fluent in SQL and Python
- Jupyter Notebook, Pandas, Papermill, SQLAlchemy, Spark
- Familiarity with GCP toolset
- BigQuery, Coud Composer (Airflow), Dataproc, Dataflow, Cloud Functions, Pub/Sub
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent program
- Bonus points for:
- Payments experience (or related industry)
- Experience with behavioral data and anomaly detection
- Knowledge of duration or hazard data structure and modeling
- Work from anywhere
- Branch-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible time off
- Paid company holidays
- Paid parental leave
Branch is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.