Specialist, Content and Communications
As the Specialist, Content and Communications you will play a key role in BrainStation’s Marketing department, which works to build brand awareness, generate qualified leads, and increase visibility for BrainStation’s bootcamps, courses, events, and more. Working with other members of the Content and Community teams, you will help create content, marketing, and social media assets to drive leads and increase brand awareness.
- Developing, writing, and managing engaging email marketing campaigns.
- Helping to manage editorial calendars for content, email marketing, and the brand’s social media platforms
- Interviewing alumni and editing transcripts for profiles and testimonials
- Developing programming topics and scheduling for industry-leading thought leadership events that inspire and foster curiosity related to the digital disciplines we teach
- Resourcing and managing relationships with speakers and panelists
- Planning and executing online and in-person events
- Partnering with the sales team to curate and execute lead nurturing and acquisition events to hit growth targets
- Identifying and engaging with local influencers, experts, and journalists.
- Developing and pitching story ideas to media outlets and reporters
- Identifying new channels and distribution to increase engagement and the size of our audience
The successful candidate will have
- Two to three years of content marketing or writing experience, preferably in a B2C environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of content management systems, email marketing platforms, and analytics tools.
- Attention to detail, ensuring copy and blog content is consistent and aligned with the brand.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and work independently.
- A love of learning
- A proven work ethic and desire to excel and succeed
- A passion for education and knowledge of the subjects BrainStation teaches
- Photography skills are an asset.
Benefits and Perks
- Flexible vacation policy
- Health and wellness programs
- Culture of learning and development
- Fully-stocked kitchens and lounges
- New shiny device upgrades
- Monthly socials and team outings
BrainStation is the global leader in digital skills training and development, with courses, workshops, events, and corporate training offered online and in state-of-the-art campuses in New York, London, Toronto, Miami and Vancouver. Founded in 2012, BrainStation has worked with over 450 instructors from the most innovative companies, developing cutting-edge, real-world digital training for more than 100,000 professionals and some of the largest corporations in the world. By 2025, BrainStation will have innovation hubs around the world and will be empowering young minds, powerful politicians, fortune 500 CEOs, and the newest wave of disruptive innovators, on campuses and online.
Bonus: Have you been to a campus or joined an online learning opportunity? We are actively seeking individuals that believe in lifelong learning and that have taken part in our On Campus or Online offerings.
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest.
BrainStation is committed to maintaining a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status will receive consideration for employment. If you have any accessibility requirements or concerns regarding the hiring process or employment with us, please notify us so we can provide suitable accommodation.