For over two decades, BrainPOP has been trusted by educators and parents worldwide as a source of engaging and impactful learning experiences for all kids. With a presence in over two-thirds of U.S. districts through school and district subscriptions and an estimated annual reach of 25 million students, BrainPOP is empowering kids to take agency over their learning and excel in and out of the classroom.
The company was acquired in 2022 by KIRKBI, the family-owned holding and investment company of the LEGO brand, marking a significant milestone as their first acquisition in the digital learning realm. We are thrilled to continue making learning fun and accessible with the strategic guidance and support of KIRKBI.
About the Role
As a QA Engineer on our Quality Assurance team you will collaborate with developers, product and project managers, designers, and fellow QA Engineers to test and maintain the standard of quality of our products. Within this role, you will work on a Reporting & Insights product squad focused on a particular set of company initiatives, and will offer a key perspective on product requirements and functionality. Writing and maintaining automated tests for system stability is a key function of this role.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Execute functional and integration test cases within identified time frames, within test environments, and test data with a high degree of accuracy. This includes manual end-to-end testing.
- Write automated tests using our Selenium framework written in Java.
- Test complex datasets involving API testing, My SQL database, and data warehouse testing
- Develop test plans, test cases, test scripts, and test reports on multiple projects of varying sizes.
- Report and record defects and bugs in a timely manner; assess their priority and severity, and close resolved issues.
- Provide estimates and feedback to the project manager for scheduling purposes.
- Maintain strong working knowledge of BrainPOP’s administrative systems, products, and services for all website and app functionality.
On Your Resume
- 4+ years experience testing complex web-based applications, including preparing, documenting, and executing test criteria, test cases, test scripts, and test plans for IT system projects.
- 2+ years working with a Selenium automated testing framework to write and execute automated tests in Java.
- An articulate communicator with strong analytical and critical thinking skills as well as problem-solving skills.
- Strong SQL skills, and experience with data testing.
- Enthusiastic for finding, regressing, and resolving issues.
- Able to work simultaneously with multiple teams and be a team player
- Understanding of basic project management, and experienced working within scope/deadline styles common in software development.
- Passionate for emerging technologies that can enhance our QA processes
The BrainPOP team operates in a hybrid work environment: Each role has an in-person component at our New York headquarters or other meeting locations.
For this role, we are seeking a candidate who lives within commuting distance of the NYC office and resides in one of the following approved hiring states:
- New Jersey
- New York
Life at BrainPOP
At BrainPOP, our work directly impacts how teachers teach and students learn. They inspire us to build solutions that facilitate joy and meaningful learning outcomes. Our commitment to educators and kids is reflected in our dedication to the BrainPOP team: ensuring their experience is empowering, creative, collaborative, playful, and anchored in learning and growth.
Our team is made up of educators, data scientists, published authors, engineers, artists, bakers, film buffs, cyclists, dual citizens, and so much more. We value diversity and inclusion, collaboration, and learning from multiple perspectives.
We believe that a diverse organization is a more effective organization. BrainPOP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.