BrainPOP is an online K-12 educational solution that makes rigorous learning experiences accessible and engaging for all. Proven to raise academic achievement, BrainPOP has been a trusted resource to more than six million educators. It engages the hearts and challenges the minds of over 300 million learners worldwide. BrainPOP provides endless opportunities for kids to take agency over their learning through playful, knowledge-building content and learner-driven projects, preparing them for success in the classroom and beyond.
BrainPOP is hiring a Product Marketing Specialist to join their Product Marketing & Sales Enablement team. This role will help execute sales enablement deliverables by developing customer-centric sales assets that drive revenue and critical results across the sales funnel. They are responsible for creating and maintaining a library of sales playbooks, product one-pagers, competitive battle cards, research briefs, internal FAQs, and other sales enablement materials that help the sales team effectively position BrainPOP products in the K-12 supplemental market.
This full-time (40 hours/week) role covers parental leave with a 3-month contract (April - July 2023). The position reports to the Associate Director, Product Marketing.
In this role, you will:
- Manage copy strategy and execution of a library of sales playbooks, product one-pagers, research briefs, internal FAQs, and other sales enablement materials alongside a team of copywriters and designers.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of BrainPOP's products, features, and target audience to ensure that all sales enablement materials align with the institutional products' messaging, positioning, and competitive advantages.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including creative copy, product management, sales, and learning design, to ensure that product messaging/positioning is consistent across all touchpoints.
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends, customer feedback, and competitive intelligence to inform and enhance product marketing and sales enablement content.
You are a(n):
- Excellent writer and communicator who can articulate complex ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Confident project manager who can drive initiatives from start to finish and ensure high-quality execution.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with a knack for managing multiple deadlines and priorities
- Creative problem solver who thinks up simple and effective solutions for improving sales enablement content and processes.
On your resume:
- 2-3 years working directly with B2B sales teams, preferably in the K-12 or K-8 edtech market
- Ability to manage end-to-end projects across cross-functional teams within an organization
- Demonstrated ability to create clear, concise, and customer-centric content that resonates with the target audience and helps position BrainPOP products effectively in the K-12 supplemental market
Life at BrainPOP
What we do today directly impacts how teachers teach, and students learn. We continue to be inspired because we can see the difference we’re making, and we’re proud to be a creative, collaborative, always-teaching, and always-learning community. Our commitment to supporting and empowering teachers and students is reflected in our dedication to enhancing the lives of our employees—in and out of the office. Our team is made up of educators, data scientists, published authors, engineers, artists, bakers, film buffs, cyclists, dual citizens, and so much more. We value Diversity & Inclusion, collaboration, and learning from multiple perspectives, and we encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. Besides offering a comprehensive benefits package and emphasizing work-life balance, we make it a point to integrate fun and play into the workplace.
- Corporate Donation Matching
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Paid Life Insurance
- 401K with a company match
- Friends & Family BrainPOP Subscription
- Learning & Development Stipend
- Wellness Activities (ClassPass Membership)
- Annual Performance Bonus
- Company Events (happy hours, volunteering opportunities, trivia nights, and monthly Town Halls)
The starting salary for this role is between $75,000 - $90,000, depending on skills and experience. We take a geo-neutral approach to compensation within the US, meaning that we pay based on job function and level, not location. We have competitive pay bands for all other countries based on market standards. Individual compensation decisions are based on several factors, including experience level, skill set, and balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company. Based on these factors, we expect most candidates offered roles at our company to fall healthily throughout the range. We recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description, as posted. If so, the updated salary range will be communicated to you as a candidate.
BrainPOP is a hybrid work environment, allowing employees to self-select where they work–whether fully remote in approved states or in-office in our New York headquarters.
We can employ remotely out of the following approved hiring states:
- New Jersey
- New York
- North Carolina
We believe that a diverse organization is a more effective organization. BrainPOP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.