BrainPOP is an online K-12 educational solution that makes rigorous learning experiences accessible and engaging for all. Proven to raise academic achievement, BrainPOP has been a trusted resource to more than six million educators. It engages the hearts and challenges the minds of over 300 million learners worldwide.
BrainPOP provides endless opportunities for kids to take agency over their learning through playful, knowledge-building content and learner-driven projects, preparing them for success in the classroom and beyond.
We’re seeking a Senior Account Director to join our team! As the Senior Account Director, you will drive revenue creation within large school districts across part of California. A successful Senior Account Director will be uniquely able to analyze district curriculum needs, challenge decision-makers to think differently about their digital resources, and build productive relationships with various district administrative personnel. You must have strong hunting capabilities with past success developing opportunities and driving new business for an Education organization. You will also work with an Account Manager to support and facilitate the retention/expansion of existing key accounts as needed during the customer life cycle renewal phase.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for the sales growth in a key territory for a data-driven curriculum technology business
- Understand the difficulties that school districts and teachers face and demonstrate how the company’s curriculum technology benefits curiosity-powered student-learning
- Deliver professional sales presentations, both face-to-face and virtually, to demonstrate how the company’s curriculum technology can effectively impact student learning
- Achieve quarterly and annual revenue targets
- Develop and maintain an entire business pipeline of prospective clients and assume all key territory management
- Maintain accurate, data-driven reporting of the pipeline, account plans, and territory management activities to drive new business growth and territory expansion.
- Self-starter with the ability to manage all phases of the sales process, from lead generation to closing deals to developing client relationships – with proven results surpassing set quotas
- Energetic and independent with a strong work ethic
- An articulate communicator with strong writing skills to audiences of all levels
- Able to negotiate deals that meet both parties' objectives
- Organized and able to prioritize and plan tasks
On Your Resume:
- Five+ years of solution-based, strategic experience selling technology or curriculum to large school districts in California with a track record of positive results.
- Demonstrated experience managing a field sales territory and clients through a full sales cycle
- Experience providing presentations demonstrating curriculum or technologies both online and face-to-face
- Regional travel required
- Bachelor's Degree from a university or college and a Driver’s License required
- Prior teaching experience is a plus
Life at BrainPOP
What we do today directly impacts how teachers teach and students learn. We continue to be inspired because we can see the difference we’re making, and we’re proud to be a creative, collaborative, always-teaching, and always-learning community. Our commitment to supporting and empowering teachers and students is reflected in our dedication to enhancing the lives of our employees—in and out of the office. Our team is made up of educators, data scientists, published authors, engineers, artists, bakers, film buffs, cyclists, dual citizens, and so much more. We value Diversity & Inclusion, collaboration, and learning from multiple perspectives, and we encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. Besides offering a comprehensive benefits package and emphasizing work-life balance, we make it a point to integrate fun and play into the workplace.
- Corporate Donation Matching
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Paid Life Insurance
- 401K with a company match
- Friends & Family BrainPOP Subscription
- Learning & Development Stipend
- Wellness Activities (ClassPass Membership)
- Annual Performance Bonus
- Company Events (happy hours, volunteering opportunities, trivia nights, and monthly Town Halls)
The starting salary for this role is between $80,000 - $100,000, depending on skills and experience. We take a geo-neutral approach to compensation within the US, meaning that we pay based on job function and level, not location. We have competitive pay bands for all other countries based on market standards. Individual compensation decisions are based on several factors, including experience level, skill set, and balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company. We expect most of the candidates offered roles at our company to fall healthily throughout the range based on these factors. We recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description, as posted. If that is the case, the updated salary range will be communicated to you as a candidate.
BrainPOP is a hybrid work environment, allowing employees to self-select where they work–whether fully remote in approved states or in-office in our New York headquarters.
We can employ remotely out of the following approved hiring states:
- New Jersey
- New York
- North Carolina
We believe that a diverse organization is a more effective organization. BrainPOP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.