BrainPOP is an online K-12 educational solution that makes rigorous learning experiences accessible and engaging for all. Proven to raise academic achievement, BrainPOP has been a trusted resource to more than six million educators and engages the hearts and challenged minds of over 300 million learners worldwide.
The Financial Analyst is integral to the Accounting and Finance team and will be involved in day-to-day finance operations, budgeting, financial reporting, and analysis. Daily responsibilities include running monthly sales and other ad-hoc reports, writing searches in NetSuite and reports in Adaptive Planning, and preparing monthly and quarterly management reports and analyses. The Financial Analyst is accountable for maintaining an adequate system of accounting records and financial models designed to mitigate risk and enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results. The candidate will support the organization’s financial and accounting goals and help establish business partnerships cross-functionally.
In this role, you will:
- Work with CFO and Financial Planning Managers to prepare timely monthly management reporting packages.
- Analyze variances from the budget and report significant issues to management.
- Help develop an internal consolidated reporting package for Senior Management and the Board of Directors, including monthly/quarterly financial statements and KPIs.
- Support Financial Planning and Analysis Manager's Institutional and Individual Sales with monthly close responsibilities
- Develop models and provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for new product investments, business acquisitions, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- Develop processes to validate the integrity of reports
- Evaluate and improve current processes
- Special projects
- 3-5 years of experience in progressively challenging roles
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Business Administration (or equivalent business experience)
- Proven Accounting and analytical skills
- Strong problem-solving, reporting, and analytical skills.
- High level of attention to detail
- Well-developed writing and presentation skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly across all levels of an organization, as needed.
- Discretion, sensitivity, and confidentiality. Demonstrated ability to listen, analyze and inform appropriately while maintaining the required sensibilities in handling confidential information.
On your resume:
- Advanced Excel skills (VLOOKUPs, Pivot Tables, etc.)
- Experience analyzing large data sets
- Experience with an ERP System (preferably NetSuite)
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Adaptive Planning (financial reporting system), Salesforce (CRM), Looker (BI tool)
- Prior experience with SaaS reporting and analysis
Life at BrainPOP
What we do today directly impacts how teachers teach and students learn. We continue to be inspired because we can see the difference we’re making, and we’re proud to be a creative, collaborative, always-teaching, and always-learning community. Our commitment to supporting and empowering teachers and students is reflected in our dedication to enhancing the lives of our employees—in and out of the office. Our team comprises educators, data scientists, published authors, engineers, artists, bakers, film buffs, cyclists, dual citizens, and so much more. We value Diversity & Inclusion, collaboration, and learning from multiple perspectives, and we encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. Besides offering a comprehensive benefits package and emphasizing work-life balance, we make it a point to integrate fun and play into the workplace.
- Corporate Donation Matching
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Paid Life Insurance
- 401K with a company match
- Friends & Family BrainPOP Subscription
- Learning & Development Stipend
- Wellness Activities (ClassPass Membership)
- Annual Performance Bonus
- Company Events (happy hours, volunteering opportunities, trivia nights, and monthly Town Halls)
The starting salary for this role is between $75,000- $85,000+, depending on skills and experience. We take a geo-neutral approach to compensation within the US, meaning that we pay based on job function and level, not location. We have competitive pay bands for all other countries based on market standards. Individual compensation decisions are based on several factors, including experience level, skill set, and balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company. Based on these factors, we expect most of the candidates offered roles at our company to fall healthily throughout the range. We recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description, as posted. If that is the case, the updated salary range will be communicated to you as a candidate.
BrainPOP is a hybrid work environment, allowing employees to self-select where they work–whether fully remote in approved states or in-office in our New York headquarters.
We can employ remotely out of the following approved hiring states:
- New Jersey
- New York
- North Carolina
We believe that a diverse organization is a more effective organization. BrainPOP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.