BrainPOP is an online K-12 educational solution that makes rigorous learning experiences accessible and engaging for all. Proven to raise academic achievement, BrainPOP has been a trusted resource to more than six million educators, and engages the hearts and challenges the minds of over 300 million learners worldwide.
BrainPOP provides endless opportunities for kids to take agency over their learning through playful, knowledge-building content and learner-driven projects, preparing them for success in the classroom and beyond.
We’re seeking an experienced Senior Project Manager to join our product team. This newly created position will report to the Associate Director, Project Management.
As Senior Project Manager, you will be responsible for managing two cross-functional squads within the Product department. This ranges from managing project timelines, partnering with Product Managers, facilitating team scrum ceremonies, collaborating with teammates, and more to ensure deliverables are met. Your contribution to the Product department will impact BrainPOPpers and learners each and every day by ensuring cross-functional teams can work together and deliver value to our users .
In this role, you will:
- Own the delivery and timeline for projects and deliverables from start to finish
- Track and report on project and team status
- Identify and mitigate risks to projects and team deliverables
- Remove obstacles to allow your team to focus on execution and on-time delivery
- Implement and improve operations processes, training, and documentation across and within teams
- Manage stakeholder expectations and communications
- Monitor team health and foster relationships among colleagues
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Facilitate team operations and communications
- Collaborate with colleagues from all departments and disciplines to solve problems
- Reduce ambiguity and be the go-to teammate
- Champion best project management practices across BrainPOP
Key Skills for Success
- Self-aware proactive thinker who actively seeks solutions and improvements
- Perspicuous communicator among persons with different expertises
- Initiator who can get the ball rolling and establish next steps
- Facilitator that can encourage experts to collaborate and stretch their minds
- Organizer who can keep things clear and consistent
- Teammate who can keep others accountable with empathy and fairness
- True leader who leads by example to achieve goals and help teammates reach their full potential
- You are able to embrace conflict and work towards a resolution
- You have a toolkit of techniques at your disposal with the ability to apply them in unique situations
- You are able to take complex technical problems and projects and break them down into manageable goals
- You have strong knowledge of software delivery best practices
On Your Resume
- 5+ years of experience in project managing cross-functional Edtech or web development teams
- Certification or relevant experience in various Agile methodologies, particularly Scrum
- Experience with Jira and Confluence, or other equivalent tools
- Experience with agile transformations on SDLC teams
- Relevant experience researching and implementing new project management tools a plus
- Relevant experience working with teams in different timezones a plus
Life at BrainPOP
Our commitment to supporting and empowering teachers and students is reflected in our dedication to enhancing the lives of our employees—in and out of the office.
Our team is made up of educators, data scientists, published authors, engineers, artists, bakers, film buffs, cyclists, dual-citizens, and so much more. We value Diversity & Inclusion, collaboration and learning from multiple perspectives, and encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work.
Besides offering a comprehensive benefits package and putting an emphasis on work-life balance, we make it a point to integrate fun and play into the workplace.
- Corporate Donation Matching
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Paid Life Insurance
- 401K with a company match
- Friends & Family BrainPOP Subscription
- Learning & Development Stipend
- Wellness Activities (ClassPass Membership)
- Annual Performance Bonus & Equity Appreciation Plan
- Company Events (happy hours, volunteering opportunities, trivia nights and monthly Town Halls)
What we do today directly impacts how teachers teach, and students learn. We continue to be inspired because we can see the difference we’re making and we’re proud to be a creative, collaborative, always-teaching and always-learning community.
For this role, we are able to employ remotely out of the following approved hiring states:
- New Jersey
- New York
- North Carolina
We believe that a diverse organization is a more effective organization. BrainPOP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.