BrainPOP is an online K-12 educational solution that makes rigorous learning experiences accessible and engaging for all. Proven to raise academic achievement, BrainPOP has been a trusted resource to more than six million educators, and engages the hearts and challenges the minds of over 300 million learners worldwide.
BrainPOP provides endless opportunities for kids to take agency over their learning through playful, knowledge-building content and learner-driven projects, preparing them for success in the classroom and beyond.
We’re seeking a Senior Product Designer to join our Growth and Ecommerce squad. This position will report to the VP of Product Design.
As a Senior Product Designer, you will lead and execute the solutions of product areas related to growth marketing, commerce, and content streaming. Your work will build the acquisition of teachers, school leaders, and parents as customers, and inspire delightful usage for kids. You’ll work closely with designers, product managers, marketers, researchers, and engineers to deliver solutions on both web and native mobile application platforms.
Please provide your portfolio password in your cover letter or resume. Due to a high volume of applications, we will not be able to contact applicants for portfolio access.
In this role you will...
- Lead and execute the design solutions for product areas
- Connect solutions to broader product vision, business goals
- Create design plans and goals to support the squad’s sprint goals
- Design based on insights from data and research, industry best practices, understanding of business goals, while advocating for the best user experience
- Investigate and define problem areas. Help clarify and prioritize requirements
- Execute research (discovery, exploratory) as needed
- Design prototypes for testing user research questions
- Produce clear, robust, timely artifacts (e.g. wireframes, diagrams, flowcharts)
- Design high-fidelity screens and user interactions, specifications, accessibility affordances, and work with frontend developers to experiment with the design
- Contribute to our evolving Design System and Design Operations
- Peer-mentor other product designers, contribute to design culture, and foster design excellence
Key Skills to Success
- A designer who leverages an architectural mindset
- A proactive planner, facilitator, propeller of discussions and working sessions
- A seasoned thought-partner with product managers and developers
- Self-directed and know when to embrace ambiguity – you may not know the answers, but will try and figure it out, even if it means failing or asking for help
- Data and insights-driven. You’re not afraid to ask “why” and to provide a solution. You take smart risks and advocate for new ideas.
- Highly generative with solutions and next steps, proportionate to investigating questions
- Well-practiced in communicating and collaborating to find the right answers to the right problems
- Comfortable with clearly explaining the rationale behind your design choices
- Strong proficiency with current design tools like Figma
- Previous experience working end-to-end in the product development process in an engineering-focused organization
- An articulate communicator with strong writing skills
- An advocate for accessibility and inclusion
On Your Resume
- 5+ years of experience as a designer in an individual contributor role
- Experience with success metrics, A/B testing, growth tools like AppCues
- Cross-functional collaboration with Marketing
- Shipped marketing and growth design solutions for web
- Hands-on experience working end-to-end in the product development process, from Discovery to Delivery
- Experience running qualitative user research and usability studies
- Bachelor Degree in Design, HCI, Interaction Design or equivalent Design degree, or equivalent industry experience
- Remote East Coast/Central Time Zone - You will be working cross-functionally with our Tel-Aviv BrainPOPpers.
Life at BrainPOP
Our commitment to supporting and empowering teachers and students is reflected in our dedication to enhancing the lives of our employees—in and out of the office.
Our team is made up of educators, data scientists, published authors, engineers, artists, bakers, film buffs, cyclists, dual-citizens, and so much more. We value Diversity & Inclusion, collaboration and learning from multiple perspectives, and encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work.
Besides offering a comprehensive benefits package and putting an emphasis on work-life balance, we make it a point to integrate fun and play into the workplace.
- Corporate Donation Matching
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Paid Life Insurance
- 401K with a company match
- Friends & Family BrainPOP Subscription
- Learning & Development Stipend
- Wellness Activities (ClassPass Membership)
- Annual Performance Bonus & Equity Appreciation Plan
- Company Events (happy hours, volunteering opportunities, trivia nights and monthly Town Halls)
What we do today directly impacts how teachers teach, and students learn. We continue to be inspired because we can see the difference we’re making and we’re proud to be a creative, collaborative, always-teaching and always-learning community.
For this role, we are able to employ remotely out of the following approved hiring states:
- New Jersey
- New York
- North Carolina
We believe that a diverse organization is a more effective organization. BrainPOP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.