For over two decades, BrainPOP has been trusted by educators and parents worldwide as a source of engaging and impactful learning experiences for all kids. With a presence in over two-thirds of U.S. districts through school and district subscriptions and an estimated annual reach of 25 million students, BrainPOP is empowering kids to take agency over their learning and excel in and out of the classroom.
The company was acquired in 2022 by KIRKBI, the family-owned holding and investment company of the LEGO brand, marking a significant milestone as their first acquisition in the digital learning realm. We are thrilled to continue making learning fun and accessible with the strategic guidance and support of KIRKBI.
About the Role
We seek a Senior Front End Web Developer to join our Technology and Development center in Tel Aviv. As a Senior Front End Web Developer, you will be part of the Development team, help define and develop BrainPOP’s infrastructure, and implement new features across multiple Front End applications.
A Day in the Life of a Senior Front-End Web Developer
- Work closely with Product Management, UX & Design, and other Developers to build a new tool enabling creativity at scale
- Ensuring our code is of the highest quality by practicing and evangelizing engineering best practices (code reviews, pairing, etc.)
- Manage the entire services lifecycle — from initial setup and release to day-to-day CI/CD. Should be passionate about building software to streamline and automate service deployment and operation for Developers.
- Passionate about learning and continually seek opportunities to expand your knowledge
- A self-starter with great instincts and the ability to discern upcoming needs
- A skilled multi-tasker and the wearer of many hats
- Not afraid to roll up your sleeves and have a “Can Do” attitude
- Outgoing and personable and take pride in being a positive, helpful presence around the office
- Excellent communication skills both in English and in Hebrew - verbal and written- A must
- A team player with the time management and organizational skills to also work independently
- 6+ years of experience in Front End Web Development
- Experience with Frameworks such as Vue.JS, Angular, or React - A must
- Deep architectural understanding of web applications
- Superior creative and innovative problem-solving skills
- Eager to learn more about new languages and frameworks
- A disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance
- BSc. in Computer Science or equivalent- Nice to have
- Previous experience in gaming applications - Nice to have
Life at BrainPOP
At BrainPOP, our work directly impacts how teachers teach and students learn. They inspire us to build solutions that facilitate joy and meaningful learning outcomes. Our commitment to educators and kids is reflected in our dedication to the BrainPOP team: ensuring their experience is empowering, creative, collaborative, playful, and anchored in learning and growth.
Our team is made up of educators, data scientists, published authors, engineers, artists, bakers, film buffs, cyclists, dual citizens, and so much more. We value diversity and inclusion, collaboration, and learning from multiple perspectives.
We believe that a diverse organization is a more effective organization. BrainPOP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.