ROLE SUMMARY |
The Director, TA is responsible for the teams that drive attraction and acquisition of top talent in the Americas and EMEA at Brainly. The person who steps into this new role will have an immediate and continuing positive impact on the organization and the People & Culture team, as attracting and hiring great talent is an imperative for us. A key member of the Leadership Team, the Director, TA will be a leader and a “do-er”, responsible for the full candidate lifecycle from talent attraction through initial onboarding, including process, systems and reporting. Particularly significant will be talent attraction and employer branding, and maintaining an outstanding candidate experience in order to foster engagement and ensure a high close-rate.
The remit of the Director, TA is to achieve Brainly’s global hiring plans by attracting and hiring the best talent in each market in which we operate, while ensuring diversity in our candidate pool and in our hires.
Talent attraction: Drive effective talent attraction and employer branding practices to attract a targeted and qualified talent pool
- Employer branding
- In collaboration with stakeholders, identify and codify Brainly’s employer brand, create a strategy and plan and implement that plan
- Organize, standardize and elevate our social media and PR activities
- Identify and manage events including meetups
- Establish Brainly as a thought leader
- Identify culture competitions/lists (e.g. Great Place to Work and similar) and manage Brainly’s entry process in collaboration with the EB team
- Measure and track EB activities in order to assess ROI
- Competition research
- Ensure that we are competitive in each market in which we hire talent by providing insights and data about the companies with which we compete for talent
Talent acquisition: Hire the best talent in the markets we identify as strategic
- Continuously improve our sourcing, interviewing and selection processes
- Generate creative and unique sources of talent that are effective for each role and geography
- Ensure that we achieve our hiring plans across the organization, hiring top talent
- Focus on diversity in all of our talent attraction and acquisition practices
Candidate experience: Focus on providing an exemplary experience for candidates who interact with Brainly
- The recruitment and interview process
Team Leadership: Build and lead an amazing team and ensure that each team member is empowered to develop their career at Brainly
- Motivate, mentor and develop direct reports
- Inspire direct reports and all P&C team members
Reporting & analysis: Track and report on process (TTF, CPH, etc.) and diversity metrics
Vendor management: Manage effective relationships with external agencies, ATS and other vendors
- 10+ years in recruitment roles showing progressive responsibility and achievement
- 5+ years leading in-house global employer branding and talent acquisition teams hiring in the US and Europe
- Experience in high-growth tech environments recruiting, among other roles, software engineers and product owners/managers
- Experience with diversity recruitment and initiatives
- Track record of building and leading effective, cohesive, goal-oriented teams
- Experience recruiting or leading recruitment teams in Poland and/or Spain
- Experience recruiting or leading recruitment teams hiring for community and content roles
- Passionate about motivating, inspiring and leading amazing teams
- Creativity in sourcing the best talent across functions and geographies without depending on one or two typical, standard sources
- Metrics-driven, analytical mindset
- Ability to stay effective in a fast-paced, sometimes demanding environment
- Ability to form and maintain positive, productive relationships with stakeholders in all functional areas across the organization
Skills and systems:
- Fluent in English, verbal and written
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
- Strong working knowledge of applicant tracking systems, preferably Greenhouse
- Talent sourcing and search techniques and best practices
- Location: Manhattan, NY or Spain/ remotely from Spain
- Availability: full-time position
- Competitive compensation package
- Competitive benefits including health insurance (medical, dental, vision), 401K plan, FSAs, commuter benefits, paid holidays, paid vacation, paid CitiBike program, weekly company lunches, company events, and more
- We are committed to your professional development by providing opportunities to participate in conferences, trainings, and courses
WHAT IS BRAINLY?
Brainly is the online learning platform where over 350 million students and parents go from questioning to understanding. With their smartphones, users can snap a photo to instantly solve any problem or homework question and be matched with a Brainly product such as Community Q&A, Brainly Tutor, Math Solver or Textbook Detective.
Brainly is built to provide students, parents, experts, and teachers with a collaborative platform and tools needed to succeed in any educational environment. Based in Kraków, Poland, with U.S. headquarters in New York City, Brainly apps and websites are visited by users from over 35 countries.
Backed by Prosus, Point Nine Capital, General Catalyst, Runa Capital, Learn Capital and Kulczyk Investments. Learn more about Brainly at www.brainly.com.
Brainly is an equal opportunity employer, committed to our diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age or any other characteristic protected by law. We strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community, people with disabilities and veterans to apply.