NOTICE: ONLINE RECRUITMENT
We're looking for the Software Team Manager to lead the Monetisation team. Our goal is to find a true leader who will serve our teams and the organization, who will help individuals to grow, and will be a true change agent and facilitator.
The goal of the Monetisation team is to help users to understand the value of Brainly and make the purchase process as efficient as possible. The work is mission-critical, directly contributing to Brainly' s bottom line. Because of that, the Monetisation team is also called SWAT - Subscription Web Acquisition Team. When the company needs help regarding the Conversion Rate Optimisation, SWAT gets in the game. We create new ideas, test hypotheses and use data-driven techniques to deliver the optimal solutions.
What's in it for you?
- Creating process for more than one team (LeSS practices),
- Working with the full skilled team that has full ownership of process and product,
- Cooperating with people open to experiment with process,
- Working in a data driven environment (user tests, A/B tests etc.),
- Shipping products worldwide to 350+ million users monthly.
WHAT WILL YOU BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR:
Goals and Delivery Management
- Assist product team members with any issues, challenges and impediments,
- Define value and set the SMART goals,
- Help the team with estimations, planning and project execution,
- Cooperate with the Product Manager, communicate risks and propose plans how to mitigate them,
- Improve the process of software delivery to make the things happen… on time.
- Define the roles in the product team and hire the best people to deliver product needs,
- Help the team with processes and tools they use,
- Build and coach the team to become self - governing.
- Look after your people; inspire and motivate them,
- Coach the team through rapid growth,
- Develop team members strengths and improve their weaknesses,
- Foster values of openness, honesty, and respect as well as a culture of transparency, trust and failure.
WHAT WILL YOU NEED:
- 3+ years of relevant software engineering team management experience (building and enforcing teams by hiring and firing; goals setting; performance evaluation),
- Experience in projects scheduling, planning and executing with the focus on value and goals achievement (and code-quality of teams’ deliveries),
- Experience in solving problems and seeking for compromise,
- Knowledge of various well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: various Retrospective formats, handling bugs, metrics etc.),
- Driving effectively work of remote teams,
- Experience in cooperating with Product Managers to lead the team towards the same direction to achieve business goals and deliver on time,
- Experience in managing various internal and external stakeholders,
- Fluency in English (at least C1 level).
- Experience in playing the Scrum Master role for at least 2 years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory,
- Knowledge of Management 3.0,
- Knowledge of LeSS Framework,
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: Kanban,
- Experience with Agile techniques: User Stories, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing.
- Salary: 17 000 - 26 000 PLN gross monthly based on Employment Contract
- Location: Krakow, Poland or fully remotely from Poland
- Start date: as soon as possible (however, we’re happy to wait for the right person)
Some of our benefits:
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work remotely
- Personal development budget 800$ per year + unlimited time off policy for participation in conferences and workshops and access to an online learning platform with courses from Udemy, Harvard Manage Mentor and many others
- Fully paid private health care packages for you and your family (dental care included) provided by Luxmed
- Fully paid life insurance provided by Warta
- Multisport Plus card
- Access to the Mental Health Helpline - providing virtual support of external psychologists, psychotherapists, and coaches
- AskHenry services - personal concierge services to help you to settle your everyday matters (like Ikea shopping or shoemaker visit)
- Possibility to join one of our Employee Resource Groups and initiatives (Inclusion Council, Ladies at Brainly, Brainly Cares)
- If needed, additional budget for work remote work accessories
WHAT IS BRAINLY?
Brainly is the world's largest peer-to-peer learning community for students, parents and teachers. At brainly.com, and its group of websites around the world, students connect to both receive and offer help with homework problems and questions. The unique opportunity for students to freely ask questions and gain the confidence that comes from helping others and inspires students to learn in a collaborative community that receives more than 350 million users each month.
Based in Kraków, Poland, with its US headquarters in New York City, Brainly is currently available in 35 countries. The total funding from current investors, including Naspers, General Catalyst Partners, Point Nine Capital, Runa Capital and Learn Capital equals $150M. More information about Brainly is available on www.brainly.com.
By sending us your application, you agree that Brainly sp. z o.o. with its seats in Krakow, will process your data contained in the form below and in the documents you attach in to participate in recruitment. In connection with this, you have the right to withdraw your consents, the right to access to your data, the right to obtain their copy, rectify them, erase, limit their usage and also data portability right and object to their use by Brainly, as well as to lodge a complaint with the President of the UODO. If you have any questions regarding the use of information about you and exercising your rights related to this use, please contact our DPO - email@example.com. If you want get to know more about how Brainly uses and process your personal data [click here].