The copywriter will be responsible for writing compelling marketing and promotional copy for a variety of mediums. This position will work closely with product owners, web designers and language specialists in order to create copy that can be easily translated into other languages.
- Writing copy that drives conversions, increases click through rates or impacts other key metrics as determined by the product owner or other stakeholders
- Writing copy for marketing outreach including: emails, push notifications, onsite notifications, social media, landing pages, video, advertising and sales
- Using data and key metrics to measure the impact of various copy requests and transforming those insights into measurable ideas
- Iterating copy based on internal feedback, A/B testing data and campaign performance
- Working closely with teams across Brainly to align your copy ideas/suggestions with their objectives
- Collaborating with fellow copywriters to ensure that customer-facing copy is consistent with our brand voice
- Auditing existing copy to ensure consistency with brand voice
- Excellent ability to adapt the brand’s voice and tone to deliver on messaging goals throughout the funnel in external communications
- Creating a copy repository from which product owners and marketers can self-serve
- Submitting your original copy to language specialists, ensuring that they are provided with a sufficient amount of context (both conceptual and visual) for translating your ideas to their local audience
- At least 2 years of experience in online/marketing copywriting
- Copywriting for e-commerce
- Excellent communication skills and an impeccable eye for detail
- Strong commercial focus and the ability to prioritize tasks accordingly
- Generate copy and concepts that resonate with user’s needs and facilitate business goals
- Approach tasks with a “can-do” attitude and work well both independently and within a team
- Ability to coordinate with multiple stakeholders and groups within Brainly
Skills and systems
- Experience with multi-variant copy testing
Location: Manhattan, NY
Availability: full-time position
Competitive compensation package
Competitive benefits including health insurance (medical, dental, vision), 401K plan, FSAs, commuter benefits, paid holidays, paid vacation, paid CitiBike program, weekly company lunches, company events, and more
We are committed to your professional development by providing opportunities to participate in conferences, trainings, and courses
WHAT IS BRAINLY?
Brainly is the world's largest peer-to-peer learning community for students, parents and teachers. At brainly.com, and its group of websites around the world, students connect to both receive and offer help with homework problems and questions. The unique opportunity for students to freely ask questions and gain the confidence that comes from helping others and inspires students to learn in a collaborative community that receives more than 350 million users each month.
Based in Kraków, Poland, with its US headquarters in New York City, Brainly is currently available in 35 countries. The total funding from current investors, including Naspers, General Catalyst Partners, Point Nine Capital, Runa Capital and Learn Capital equals $150M. More information about Brainly is available on www.brainly.com.
Brainly is an equal opportunity employer, committed to our diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age or any other characteristic protected by law. We strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community, people with disabilities and veterans to apply.