Every month we are proud to be home to 350 million users around the world. Organic remains the main source of traffic for Brainly product lines. That is why SEO data plays a significant role in the Brainly success.
IS THIS OFFER FOR YOU?
The SEO Infra team is responsible for providing the technical capabilities:
- Provides SEO data from external sources
- Automates the reporting and alerting for all key areas and product lines
- Provides services based on SEO data
You will lead a team of world-class engineers and SEO specialists driving the SEO data capabilities for the whole organisation. You will be responsible for SEO data services, overseeing process and standards of software development and maintenance, managing the professional development of your team members, building relationships with all the key stakeholders within the company, supporting your team in estimating and planning the implementations and more.
The ideal candidate is an enthusiast of data projects with experience in engineering and leading a technology team.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU (A FEW TECH INFORMATION):
- We implement solutions using a modern Go stack with some legacy bits written in Python, PHP and IaaC based on Terraform.
- We use technologies like PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, GraphQL, Node.js, MySQL.
- We care about quality, so unit, integration and end-to-end tests are an important part of our workflow.
- This role includes system design, contribution to the codebase of backend microservices and infrastructure.
WHAT’S THE CHALLENGE?
- Identifying high-level opportunities and defining priorities
- Coordinating the sprint-level planning and the day-to-day team operations.
- Defining quarterly release plans and milestones according to the SEO strategy and stakeholder needs.
- Planning and reviewing the team work, approving project scope, and resources.
- Owning the quality and efficacy of the development process with the successful delivery of these efforts.
- Owning the service level agreement and solution design of the services delivered by the Team
- Overseeing technical implementation and assessing the risks in order to assure the highest level of service.
- Building a professional development plan and career path for each team member by coaching, mentoring, and guiding them to advance their career development in both technical and non-technical areas.
- Empowering and incentivizing team members on owning responsibilities.
- Conducting weekly one-on-one meetings and periodic performance reviews.
- Designing and improving the processes with the team
- Removing obstacles and helping team members in achieving their goals
- Building and updating the team budget to fully support long term goals of the team
HOW DO WE IMAGINE THE BEST CANDIDATE?
- 6+ years experience in software development in a general purpose programming language.
- 3+ years experience leading the software development team.
- Good communication skills and experience in building relationships within the organisation in order to fully understand the stakeholder needs and how to make them understand capabilities created by the team.
- You are someone who has a deep appreciation for understanding team growth and you can share this passion to motivate the team and the wider organization.
- Fluent in English
Nice to have:
- Experience in SEO data area
- Experience working with public cloud provider offerings (AWS, GCP, Azure etc) and Terraform IaaC
- Experience building distributed systems at scale
- Understanding of core testing principles
- Knowledge of some of the data engineering technologies such as Spark, DataBricks, Glue, EMR, SQL, key-value stores, Redshift, Snowflake etc.
- You have strong leadership skills along with ability to build a vision for the team.
- You are keen to focus on a team’s performance and individual professional development.
- You have stakeholder management experience and ability to translate the needs and requirements into the scope of working solutions.
- You have a hands-on tech leader attitude and clear communications skills.
- You are familiar with agile development, able to provide guidance for the team to form the best fitting processes.
Location: Kraków/Barcelona or remotely from Poland/Spain
Salary: 22 500 - 28 500 PLN gross monthly (employment contract) (for candidates located in Poland)
Some of our benefits (the final package will depend on the location):
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work remotely
- Personal development budget 800$ per year + unlimited time off policy for participation in conferences and workshops and access to an online learning platform with courses from Udemy, Harvard Manage Mentor and many others
- Fully paid private health care packages for you and your family (dental care included) provided by Luxmed
- Fully paid life insurance provided by Warta
- Multisport Plus card
- Access to the Mental Health Helpline - providing virtual support of external psychologists, psychotherapists, and coaches
- AskHenry services - personal concierge services to help you to settle your everyday matters (like Ikea shopping or shoemaker visit)
- Possibility to join one of our Employee Resource Groups and initiatives (Inclusion Council, Ladies at Brainly, Brainly Cares)
- If needed, additional budget for work remote work accessories
WHAT IS BRAINLY?
Brainly is the world's largest peer-to-peer learning community for students, parents and teachers. At brainly.com, and its group of websites around the world, students connect to both receive and offer help with homework problems and questions. The unique opportunity for students to freely ask questions and gain the confidence that comes from helping others and inspires students to learn in a collaborative community that receives more than 200 million users each month.
Based in Kraków, Poland, with its US headquarters in New York City, Brainly is currently available in 35 countries. The total funding from current investors, including Naspers, General Catalyst Partners, Point Nine Capital, Runa Capital and Learn Capital equals $68.5M. More information about Brainly is available on www.brainly.com.
By sending us your application, you agree that Brainly sp. z o.o. with its seats in Krakow, will process your data contained in the form below and in the documents you attach in to participate in recruitment. In connection with this, you have the right to withdraw your consents, the right to access to your data, the right to obtain their copy, rectify them, erase, limit their usage and also data portability right and object to their use by Brainly, as well as to lodge a complaint with the President of the UODO. If you have any questions regarding the use of information about you and exercising your rights related to this use, please contact our DPO - email@example.com. If you want get to know more about how Brainly uses and process your personal data [click here].