NOTICE: ONLINE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
LOCATION: KRAKÓW OR REMOTELY FROM POLAND / BARCELONA OR REMOTELY FROM SPAIN
Do you have an explorer mindset and crave a collaborative organization, where your contributions will make a strong impact? Great! The Brainly Design System Team is looking for a creative and experienced engineer to join our team of pioneers exploring an area that is still a novelty to some. Our work to close the gap between design and development resulted in inventing Html-Sketchapp. This open-source bridge between worlds was the first tool that turns HTML nodes into Sketch layers or symbols. That was a revolution in cross-team communication and cooperation. A revolution that turned out to be so effective that it spread to dev teams all over the world [1, 2, 3] , including those of Microsoft, Yelp, and Seek that used our tool or make new solutions using it. We described our story and process in detail here. You can also check our open source style-guide and documentation of the design-system.
In Brainly we are working on some of the most complex technical challenges in the ed-tech space and creating the product for over 350 million students around the world. We focus on building the infrastructure and features that enable Brainly users to ask and answer millions of questions every day.
Senior Software Engineer on our team will help us move this legacy to the next level by participating in the creation of UI framework, toolings, components, and best practices guidelines. Thanks to your effort Brainly frontend engineers and designers will be more productive. Your work will also benefit the users of the biggest educational platform in the world, by making Brainly experience more effortless, inclusive, and consistent. We believe in the growing industry by sharing knowledge and open source projects, so there is a strong chance your work will benefit not only Brainly but other teams worldwide, thus Design System tools are still a niche. You will work with performance, maintainability, accessibility, and stability as the primary focus.
To sum it up, we are looking for someone who has the drive to improve stuff, cares about user experience, and loves creating tools. Please let us know if that’s you!
- Participating in the development of the solutions which empower engineers across the company to build responsive, accessible, and satisfying experiences with minimal effort
- Contributing to standards, conventions, and best-practices guidelines for Brainly UI code that is used company-wide.
- Building reusable, accessible UI components and libraries
- Solving complex challenges such as performance, scalability, and Core Web Vitals improvements
- Continuously improving the front-end/design framework
- Development and maintenance of tools to bridge Design and Front End
- Making a positive impact on our engineering culture, encouraging knowledge-sharing, and driving technical discussions within and outside the team and the company
- Challenging existing practices by being eager to discuss your thoughts with the professional community
- Conducting code reviews, contributing high-quality documentation
WE EXPECT YOU TO HAVE:
- Advanced experience in HTML and modern CSS
- Experience in solving cross-browser/platform UI compatibility issues
- Experience in building UI components libraries
- Experience in web page performance optimization
- Experience in CSS Flexbox Layout
- Great knowledge of modern CSS methodology (i.e. BEM)
- Experience in Responsive Web Design
- Knowledge of best practices in Web and Mobile Web development
- Fluency in English
Nice to have:
- Experience with TypeScript
- Experience in CSS Grid Layout
- Experience in UI animations and CSS performance optimization
- Understanding of best practices and standards for Web Accessibility
- Experience in mobile-first approach in Responsive Web Design
- Experience in developing design systems
- Ability to research, brainstorm, prototype, and create new technical solutions
- High level of self-organization, ability to make your own decisions
- Team Player attitude
- Good communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
Our stack, that you’ll be working with:
- Modern CSS
- Pre & Post CSS processors
- Jest, react-testing-library, Enzyme, and Puppeteer
- Webpack, Babel, Prettier, and ESLint
- Continuous Delivery
DO YOU WANT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT DESIGN TEAM AT BRAINLY?
- Check out our Dribbble and Medium resources to discover what we are up to recently
- Visit our Instagram to meet your future team
- Also feel free to look at our Design System called "Pencil", that we are especially proud of!
- Watch the below video to discover how our Design System Manager, Patrycja, explains the process of building a Design System at Brainly:
- Salary: 15 000 - 23 000 PLN gross monthly (employment contract)
- Some of our benefits (varies slightly depending on the location):
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work remotely
- Personal development budget 800$ per year + unlimited time off policy for participation in conferences and workshops and access to an online learning platform with courses from Udemy, Harvard Manage Mentor and many others
- Fully paid private health care packages for you and your family (dental care included) provided by Luxmed
- Fully paid life insurance provided by Warta
- Multisport Plus card
- Access to the Mental health Helpline - providing virtual support of external psychologists, psychotherapists, and coaches
- AskHenry services - personal concierge services to help you to settle your everyday matters (like Ikea shopping or shoemaker visit)
- Possibility to join one of our Employee Resource Groups and initiatives (Inclusion Council, Ladies at Brainly, Brainly Cares)
- If needed, additional budget for work remote work accessories
WHAT IS BRAINLY?
Brainly is the world's largest peer-to-peer learning community for students, parents and teachers. At brainly.com, and its group of websites around the world, students connect to both receive and offer help with homework problems and questions. The unique opportunity for students to freely ask questions and gain the confidence that comes from helping others and inspires students to learn in a collaborative community that receives more than 350 million users each month.
Based in Kraków, Poland, with its US headquarters in New York City, Brainly is currently available in 35 countries. The total funding from current investors, including Naspers, General Catalyst Partners, Point Nine Capital, Runa Capital and Learn Capital equals $150M. More information about Brainly is available on www.brainly.com.
By sending us your application, you agree that Brainly sp. z o.o. with its seats in Krakow, will process your data contained in the form below and in the documents you attach in to participate in recruitment. In connection with this, you have the right to withdraw your consents, the right to access to your data, the right to obtain their copy, rectify them, erase, limit their usage and also data portability right and object to their use by Brainly, as well as to lodge a complaint with the President of the UODO. If you have any questions regarding the use of information about you and exercising your rights related to this use, please contact our DPO - email@example.com. If you want get to know more about how Brainly uses and process your personal data [click here].