Brainly is the world’s largest online community, uniting students, parents and teachers in solving their academic problems and exchanging knowledge. Every month we are proud to be home for 350 million users. Besides delivering world class educational products we’re a technology company at heart. Engineering teams at Brainly are proud of the work they do and the impact they make on the future of education worldwide.
As an Account Director at Brainly, you will join a small team that is hungry to drive new business, while building relationships with client partners that are already working with Brainly. Your primary responsibility is to drive revenue with clients by providing solutions that help them reach their goals and build their business and brands.
This is a high-energy job requiring a growth mindset, persuasive interactions and consistent follow up with clients. You’ll be asked to tap into your knowledge of digital & programmatic, to utilize your proven sales skills, and to work independently and collaboratively with internal teams to close deals.
- Develop sales strategies that leverage Brainly’s audience and ad products to drive scalable business solutions
- Directly set up sales calls, meetings and presentations to meet quarterly targets
- Develop new and existing client partnerships at all levels of agencies and client partners.
- Prospect, including the ability to qualify and close new accounts
- Work with sales and market leadership on sales strategy and execution and build RFP volume.
- Manage a sales pipeline with timely and accurate forecasting
- Be proactive with partners consistently bringing them solutions-oriented products to meet their business challenges.
- Manage the proposal and media plan process, ensuring highly relevant and creative solutions for partners.
- Work closely with your senior management to manage internal revenue expectations and forecasting.
- 3+ years in Sales or Sales Development roles
- Proven track record of partnering with brands
- Proven ability to meet and exceed targets through discovering, prospecting, creating new business and growing and retaining existing business
- Building scalable partnerships in key categories
- Understanding of ad and ed technology ecosystem
- Experience with direct media sales process, CRM and prospecting tools
- Experience at a leading publisher, technology or social media platform
- Willingness to travel as necessary (when travel resumes)
- Extremely self motivated and excellent time management skills
- Ability to provide consistent market feedback
- Keen ability to listen, ask meaningful questions & provide a consultative selling approach
- Communicate with & build rapport with an entirely remote team
- Strong negotiation skills and an ability to persuade at all levels of an agency or client
- Strong virtual & in-person presentation skills
- Strong strategist
- Well-connected within the media agency ecosystem
- Skills and systems
- Salesforce or similar CMS; sales and pipeline management systems
- MS and Google suites
- Location: Manhattan, NY
- Availability: full-time position
- Competitive compensation package
- Competitive benefits including health insurance (medical, dental, vision), 401K plan, FSAs, commuter benefits, paid holidays, paid vacation, paid CitiBike program, weekly company lunches, company events, and more
- We are committed to your professional development by providing opportunities to participate in conferences, trainings, and courses
WHAT IS BRAINLY?
Brainly is the world's largest peer-to-peer learning community for students, parents and teachers. At brainly.com, and its group of websites around the world, students connect to both receive and offer help with homework problems and questions. The unique opportunity for students to freely ask questions and gain the confidence that comes from helping others and inspires students to learn in a collaborative community that receives more than 350 million users each month.
Based in Kraków, Poland, with its US headquarters in New York City, Brainly is currently available in 35 countries. The total funding from current investors, including Naspers, General Catalyst Partners, Point Nine Capital, Runa Capital and Learn Capital equals $150M. More information about Brainly is available on www.brainly.com.
Brainly is an equal opportunity employer, committed to our diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age or any other characteristic protected by law. We strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community, people with disabilities and veterans to apply.