Brainly is the largest social learning community in the world, helping over 350 million users each month across our global web and app products. The Global Community Team includes Community Growth, Community Product, Trust & Safety, and Customer Insights. The Senior Manager, Global Community oversees the Community Growth team, which includes all community management and programs, and is responsible for creating and delivering exceptional experiences for Brainly’s diverse communities around the world.
On this team, you’re an experienced team leader and people manager whose superpower is aligning your team around common goals, supporting their ability to deliver meaningful results, and continuously growing their impact. You're passionate about communities and the science behind what drives authentic connections, and have deep, hands-on experience with community management and community program frameworks, tools, policies, and best practices.
You’re a big-picture thinker who can also dive deep into a problem or process to better understand how to do what’s right for our community, our team, and our business. You’re able to deliver on team goals while continuously improving and iterating upon our approach to community management and program design. You’re data-driven and adept at developing frameworks, training, and programs that can support complex operational goals, and you enjoy coaching others to execute on highly collaborative, cross-functional projects.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead a global team and support the learning outcomes of hundreds of millions of students around the world. Come help us scale one of the fastest growing and highest quality consumer learning brands. Brainly is a fun, unique company in an exciting phase of its growth.
- Manage a growing team of 7+ Community Managers, and support their development and ability to deliver on moderation, engagement, and growth goals.
- Standardize our global Community Management and Program frameworks, including guidelines, terms, policies, community software and tools, and onboarding/offboarding procedures.
- Assess Brainly’s community operations, and identify key opportunities for growth, improvement, and experimentation
- Set, monitor, and report on monthly/quarterly goals for the Community Growth team.
- Collaborate with Customer Care team on support-related processes, procedures, and communications
- Collaborate with Trust & Safety team on risk-related processes, procedures, and communications
- Collaborate with the Community Product team on new features, tools, admin systems, and product experiences that can improve community operations, drive community growth, and deepen community engagement.
- Develop Community training that can enhance the team’s skills and support ongoing career development.
- Launch community tests and experiments that can deliver actionable insights and data on potential new areas for investment and growth.
- 5+ years of leadership experience on a Community team
- 3+ years directly managing a team
- Proven track record of successfully growing communities and fostering authentic connections at scale
- Experience working with B2C communities and user-generated content platforms
- Experience managing community policy, guidelines, and terms
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams (Product, Legal, Privacy, Marketing, Communications)
- Exceptional communications skills (written, verbal)
- Experience working with a global community and team across multiple languages/locations
- Experience working with diverse, all-ages communities
- Experience with education communities
- Experience working directly with product and technology teams
- Growth mentality; Product led and customer-focused, data driven, highly creative
- Strong sense of ownership and determination to get things done
- Great leadership and interpersonal skills to effectively manage team members
- Data-driven and effective at telling stories using data
- Sensitivity to potential trade-offs between performance and branding
- Humility and eagerness to learn and grow
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
Skills and systems
- Excellent people, project, and program management skills
- Excellent data and analytical skills; comfortable working with spreadsheets
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills
- Excellent judgment, facilitation, crisis management, and mediation skills
- Knowledge of user research methods and survey best practices
- Experience managing community software tools, including CRMs, support software, discussion platforms (slack, discord, etc), content publishing tools, and survey tools.
- Experience working with product and project management tools, including Jira and Confluence
- Location: Manhattan, NY
- Availability: full-time position
- Competitive compensation package
- Competitive benefits including health insurance (medical, dental, vision), 401K plan, FSAs, commuter benefits, paid holidays, paid vacation, paid CitiBike program, weekly company lunches, company events, and more
- We are committed to your professional development by providing opportunities to participate in conferences, trainings, and courses
WHAT IS BRAINLY?
Brainly is the world's largest peer-to-peer learning community for students, parents and teachers. At brainly.com, and its group of websites around the world, students connect to both receive and offer help with homework problems and questions. The unique opportunity for students to freely ask questions and gain the confidence that comes from helping others and inspires students to learn in a collaborative community that receives more than 350 million users each month.
Based in Kraków, Poland, with its US headquarters in New York City, Brainly is currently available in 35 countries. The total funding from current investors, including Naspers, General Catalyst Partners, Point Nine Capital, Runa Capital and Learn Capital equals $150M. More information about Brainly is available on www.brainly.com.
Brainly is an equal opportunity employer, committed to our diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age or any other characteristic protected by law. We strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community, people with disabilities and veterans to apply.