Brainly is the largest social learning community in the world, helping over 350 million users each month across our global web and app products. As part of the Community Growth team, Community Managers deliver programs and experiences for our diverse communities around the world. On this team, you’re a strong community builder, a natural leader, and an adept communicator who’s passionate about connecting our users, empowering them to grow, and creating new opportunities for them to achieve more together.
Our US community is made up of students, parents, and educators who thrive on helping others, sharing their expertise, and extending learning beyond the classroom. As the US Community Manager, you’ll oversee our core community program and manage the day-to-day experience of members, owning key member experience goals and operations, while regularly reporting results and communicating the value of community contributions to stakeholders across Brainly. You’ll dive deep into our community member experience and work closely with our Community Product team to develop new features and tools for community members, partner with our Marketing and Communications teams on initiatives that can elevate community stories, and support company-wide understanding of the US educational market. You’ll also work with Community Managers in our other global markets to create new strategies that can expand our community’s impact, deepen engagement, and evolve the member experience as Brainly grows.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with an incredible community, and support the learning outcomes of hundreds of millions of students around the world. Come help us scale one of the fastest growing and highest quality consumer learning brands. Brainly is a fun, unique company in an exciting phase of its growth.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of our US Community - own the strategy for the entirety of the community funnel from acquisition and onboarding of new members, to member education and training, to ongoing member engagement and development of community experiences (currently virtual, with possible in-person events in the future).
- Regularly report on key program metrics, community insights, and results of strategic initiatives that can influence our community roadmap and support our business goals.
- Be the subject matter expert on our US Community - connect with and learn community member needs, motivations, and key drivers of success and share those findings with stakeholders across Product, Design, and Marketing.
- Manage our US community interns, and oversee their development into community leaders as they support our program’s growth and engagement.
- Own our US Community guidelines and policies, and work with moderators and our Trust & Safety team to ensure community members and users are aligned on our rules and policies.
- Handle escalations from our community, and work with our Trust & Safety & Communications team to ensure those issues are properly documented, managed, and resolved.
- Collaborate with Communications, PR, & Brand initiatives by building a bench of community members whose stories and experiences exemplify Brainly’s values and educational impact.
- 4+ years in a Community Management role with progressive growth in responsibilities
- Track record of fostering authentic relationships across community members
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal and written) across multiple mediums (online discussions, email, newsletter, social media), and adept at 1-to-1 and 1-to-many communications strategies
- Experience in community moderation, community policy, and community guidelines development
- Experience working with a B2C community
- Experience working on a user-generated content platform
- Experience working with diverse, all-ages communities
- Experience with education communities
- Event management experience
- Experience working with product and technology teams
- Experience using Brainly
- Growth mentality; Customer-focused, data driven, highly creative
- Strong sense of ownership and determination to get things done
- Great leadership and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with and influence cross-functional team members
- Data-driven and effective at telling stories using data
- Sensitivity to potential trade-offs between performance and branding
- Humility and eagerness to learn and grow
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
Skills and systems
- Excellent project and program management skills
- Excellent data and analytical skills
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills
- Excellent judgment, facilitation, and mediation skills
- Familiarity with community software tools, including CRMs, support software, discussion platforms (slack, discord, etc), content publishing tools, and survey tools.
- Familiarity with project management tools, for example Jira/Confluence, Trello, Notion, Asana.
- Location: Manhattan, NY
- Availability: full-time position
- Competitive compensation package
- Competitive benefits including health insurance (medical, dental, vision), 401K plan, FSAs, commuter benefits, paid holidays, paid vacation, paid CitiBike program, weekly company lunches, company events, and more
- We are committed to your professional development by providing opportunities to participate in conferences, trainings, and courses
WHAT IS BRAINLY?
Brainly is the world's largest peer-to-peer learning community for students, parents and teachers. At brainly.com, and its group of websites around the world, students connect to both receive and offer help with homework problems and questions. The unique opportunity for students to freely ask questions and gain the confidence that comes from helping others and inspires students to learn in a collaborative community that receives more than 350 million users each month.
Based in Kraków, Poland, with its US headquarters in New York City, Brainly is currently available in 35 countries. The total funding from current investors, including Naspers, General Catalyst Partners, Point Nine Capital, Runa Capital and Learn Capital equals $150M. More information about Brainly is available on www.brainly.com.
Brainly is an equal opportunity employer, committed to our diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age or any other characteristic protected by law. We strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community, people with disabilities and veterans to apply.