Brainly is a worldwide expert and a leader in providing homework solutions and peer to peer help for students and parents. With new products on app and desktop, we want to upgrade our current offering and extend our value proposition - from instant and real-time help to video answers.
Members of the New Initiatives Team collaboratively build a new user’s approach and feature sets to the existing Q&A learning platform improving our business model, knowledge base, and satisfaction of 350+ million unique users monthly. This team works closely with our commercial, engagement, and mobile team and is thinking of the best user experience and revenue perspective creating another strong muscle in Brainly’s long-term strategy.
We’re looking for an experienced Scrum Master to work with us on the Tutoring product, part of the New Initiative Product Teams. You will be creating new educational products and changing ways how people learn. The scrum master will be responsible for ensuring the team lives agile values and principles and follows the processes and practices that the team agreed they would use. Clearing obstacles, establishing an environment where the team can be effective, protecting the team from outside interruptions and distractions, as well as ensuring a good relationship between the team and product owner as well as others outside the team
What you will do in this role:
- Coach multiple scrum teams on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values
- Guide the organisation during rapid growth
- Drive Agile best practices and how to get the most of out self-organisation
- Champion scrum values of openness, honesty, and respect as well as culture of transparency
- Foster good communication, ensure meetings are effective
- Support continuous improvement
- Cooperate with team leaders to provide them with a different perspective, tools and improvements.
- Forecast the number of deliverables possible in an iteration based on evidence
- Evaluate team and individual performance
What you need to be successful in this role:
- Experience in playing the Scrum Master role for at least 2 years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory and 5 years in software development in general.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Knowledge of various well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: various Retrospective formats, handling bugs, metrics etc.).
- Being self-organized, focused on quality and with attention to details.
- Fluency in English
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: Kanban
- Experience with Agile techniques: User Stories, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills.
- Location: Kraków, Poland
- Salary: up to 17 000 PLN gross/monthly (employment contract)
- Start date: as soon as possible (however, we’re happy to wait for the right person)
- Some of our benefits:
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work remotely
- Personal development budget 800$ per year + unlimited time off policy for participation in conferences and workshops and access to an online learning platform with courses from Udemy, Harvard Manage Mentor and many others
- Fully paid private health care packages for you and your family (dental care included) provided by Luxmed
- Fully paid life insurance provided by Warta
- Multisport Plus card
- Access to the Mental Health Helpline - providing virtual support of external psychologists, psychotherapists, and coaches
- AskHenry services - personal concierge services to help you to settle your everyday matters (like Ikea shopping or shoemaker visit)
- Possibility to join one of our Employee Resource Groups and initiatives (Inclusion Council, Ladies at Brainly, Brainly Cares)
- If needed, additional budget for remote work accessories
WHAT IS BRAINLY?
Brainly is the world's largest peer-to-peer learning community for students, parents and teachers. At brainly.com, and its group of websites around the world, students connect to both receive and offer help with homework problems and questions. The unique opportunity for students to freely ask questions and gain the confidence that comes from helping others and inspires students to learn in a collaborative community that receives more than 350 million users each month.
Based in Kraków, Poland, with its US headquarters in New York City, Brainly is currently available in 35 countries. The total funding from current investors, including Naspers, General Catalyst Partners, Point Nine Capital, Runa Capital and Learn Capital equals $150M. More information about Brainly is available on www.brainly.com.
By sending us your application, you agree that Brainly sp. z o.o. with its seats in Krakow, will process your data contained in the form below and in the documents you attach in to participate in recruitment. In connection with this, you have the right to withdraw your consents, the right to access to your data, the right to obtain their copy, rectify them, erase, limit their usage and also data portability right and object to their use by Brainly, as well as to lodge a complaint with the President of the UODO. If you have any questions regarding the use of information about you and exercising your rights related to this use, please contact our DPO - email@example.com. If you want get to know more about how Brainly uses and process your personal data [click here].